Flashbacks and a Familiar Face (Part 2)

Disclaimer: This story isn't mine at all, it is originally Hans50's and Rick Riordan too.

Third Person's POV

He looked at both of them with narrowed eyes. He did not like how they looked at the moment. Both Nico and Mrs. O'leary looked worn out. They were covered in cuts and bruises and were looking over their shoulders as if someone was after them. Who did this to his dog and cousin?

His question was answered as he heard shouts coming from where they just came from as a group of demigods burst into the clearing. His eyes blazed in anger as he saw Eric and Annabeth were among the group as well as a few Ares and Apollo kids. Clarisse, the Stolls, and Will Solace were also among them.

"Give us the dog death boy and we'll promise to take it easy on you!" Eric yelled at Nico.

Nico stood protectively in front of Mrs. O'leary and drew his sword.

"I don't think so sea scum! I don't care if you are now the leader of that worthless camp, you are not killing Mrs. O'leary just because she is Percy's dog!" Nico yelled back defiantly.

Eric's nostrils flared as his face went red with anger at the insult. He pulled out his own sword, which he named Current, and yelled charge.

Nico drove his sword into the ground and a crack appeared in the ground. Skeletal warriors crawled their way to the surface, each brandishing a weapon from swords and spears to clubs and...was that a pitchfork?

"Don't kill them, but don't let them advance either!" Nico commanded.

The skeletal warriors all surged forward and the battle ensued. While the campers were all fantastic fighters and lived through two wars, they had their hands full with the number of skeletons that were attacking them. However, they could not kill the campers while they had no such restriction as they sliced at the skeletons and reduced them to piles of bones.

Nico was engaged in battle with Clarisse and he was doing really well. Looks like all those sword lessons I gave him paid off.

Clarisse thrust her spear at Nico's stomach but he swatted it away with his sword and parried, opening up a gash on her arm. Clarisse's face went red with anger as she tried, again and again, to pierce Nico with her spear, but her anger was making her sloppy. Finding an opening, Nico lunged forward and caught the shaft of her spear with his sword, snapping it like a twig and knocking Clarisse out with the butt of his sword.

Even though he fought to the best of his ability and knocked out over 15 campers, Nico was exhausted and subdued by three Ares campers. Eric, with a nasty cut across his face, stormed over to him and punched him across the face. Nico's head snapped to the side, but he didn't cry out. Instead, he turned his head back to Eric's and spat a mouthful of blood and saliva directly into Eric's face. I could not be more proud of him. Eric, however, didn't find it at all funny and was about to punch him again before Annabeth stopped him as she grabbed his arm.

She shook her head and said, "He's not worth it. Let's just kill the hellhound and go."

Eric nodded his head and walked over to a subdued Mrs. O'leary who was trapped under a giant net. He drew his sword and said, "Why don't we have a little fun before you meet my brother in the pit?"

He then began to hack away at her exposed flesh, with Annabeth and the others joining in. I yelled out in anger and rage at what they were doing to my beloved pet. Mrs. O'leary howled in pain as each strike cut her flesh. She was too exhausted to shadow travel away. Nico was screaming his head off at them all to stop but they just ignored him.

After they finished their sick game Eric walked up to her face and said, "I hope you enjoy your time in the pit monster. And give my dearest brother my regards."