Chapter 9

(Mel's POV)

"I'm Trish," the specialist said, taking a seat in the doctors chair. "I know this is a very hard decision, but its one you have to make now."

I look at my stomach and feel the stinging in my eyes again. "I want my mom," I whisper, tears once again falling down my cheeks.

Nodding, the lady passed me my phone from the counter. I slowly dialed my mom's number and waited in pure agony.

"Melody!" My mom shrieks.

"Mom, I need you," I whisper, rubbing my face.

"Honey, are you ok? Where are you?" I can hear the worry in her voice. I gave her the directions and hung up, ten minutes later my mom bursts through the door.

"You're pregnant?" she gasps, looking at my belly.

I nod, ashamed, and run circles on my stomach while Trish explains what's going on.

"Oh, Melody," my mom said, wrapping her arms around me. "What are you going to do?"

I shake my head. "I don't know. This is my first child. I cant... But she will be born in pain. How could I live with myself?"

"Melody, I think this baby deserves a chance at life. I'm going to tell you something I've never told anyone. About a year after you where born, I got pregnant with a boy, who had Spinabifida. I aborted him because I was so scared. I mean, I was seventeen and a new mother. What was I going to do? To this day, I regret it so much. That baby deserved a chance at life... I want to show you something," she said, crying and pulling out her wallet. She dug behind a picture of me as a baby and unfolded an ultrasound photo. I grab the picture and study it.

"Mom, I'm sorry," I say, laying my head against her.

"It's ok, baby." She smiled, rubbing my hair from my sweaty forehead.

"Trish, I-I'm going to keep it." she nods and exits the room.

"Baby, can you please come home?" My mom whispers, getting up and grabbing some tissues.
I study the new bruise on my arm. I've never been so scared in my life; he looks so angry, murderous almost.

"Yes," I say.

We exit the Ob-Gyn office to find Daniel's car missing. She drives me to his house and waits while I go and pack.

After I pack all my belongings, I grab a piece of printer paper and a sharpie and write:

"Daniel,
I'm keeping the baby, but I would like to spend the rest of my pregnancy at home. I will call you when I'm in labor.
With Love, Mel"

I put it on his pillow and trudge outside to my mom. "I'll meet you at home," I smile, getting in my car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I got comments :D Thank you guys they made mee soo happy to so ready