Chapter 6

(Daniel's POV)

I hold Mel close to me and brush her soft black hair from her face, peaceful and sleeping. I hear her heart beating, and mine instantly tries to match.

After the coffee shop, she decided it would be best to stay away from her mother until she could figure out what to say to her, so I told her to come home with me. We talked about the baby and what gender we wanted; I want a girl, as beautiful as her mother, while Mel is hoping for a boy. I told her that as long as I'm with her, I will be happy either way. On that note, we cuddled in my bed and watched television before she fell asleep in my arms. With the warmth from her body and the slow, steady beating of her heart, I succumb to sleep's spell.

I awoke to empty arms. "Not again!" I growl, getting up and searching the room. I hear a noise in the bathroom, and my heart leaps; I go to investigate and there was Mel, slouched over the toilet and barfing.

"Oh, Mel," I frown, walking over to hold her hair. She goes for another heave and I rub her back. "Perhaps you should rest for a little bit before doing anything today." She appears to be done and I hand her an extra toothbrush from the cabinet. She uses it and kisses my gratefully.

"I cant believe I didn't notice the morning sickness," She chuckled, and I stole another kiss. In an instant, her expression turned sour and before I could apologize, she screams, "Shit!" She runs out of the bathroom, and I chase after her, trying to find out the problem.

"What's going on?!" I call after her.

"I'm in a shit load of trouble, that's what's going on!" She panicked, showing me her phone that had 100 missed calls from her mother.

"Mel, wait! Before you leave, I have an idea: why don't you move in with me? I have an extra room for the nursery!"

"Umm... I don't know. We'll see," she said, before running out the door and calling one of her nearby friends to pick her up.

Soon after she was gone, I found myself feeling empty again. Knowing she had my number, I texted her.
Please move in with me; I still have yet to wake up to your beautiful face beside me. <3 Smiling, I crossed my fingers and hoped she'd say yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)