Chapter 15

The bell just rang for recess. Mrs. Pollard said that Carter and I wouldn't have the same teacher. But, she said that we would have the same time for recess. So, at recess all I did was look for Carter. Then I saw his blond hair and ran towards him. And, to my surprise it was actually him.

"Hey!" I said excitedly "How's your first day of school?"

"AMAZING!" Carter said back "Yours?"

"Umm... amazing too." I said while faking a smile.

I couldn't tell him that it was horrible because I didn't want to ruin his day.

"Heeey, Josie." someone said in a fake British accent

I turned around and there was a girl with curly brown hair and two other girls standing behind the first girl.

"Um... who are you?" I asked the two girls in the back I saw on the bus. They are all in my class, I just didn't know their names.

"Oh sorry, we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Victoria but people call me Tori. Behind me we have Emily and Hazel."

"Nice to meet you." I said quietly.

"Who are you? I've never seen you before." said Tori looking at Carter.

"I'm Carter. I'm Josie's twin brother." Carter said

The bell rang it was time for Carter's class to go in for lunch.

"Bye Josie" he said and ran off with his class looking so happy.

"He's nice." said Tori in a weird way and looked at Emily and Hazel.

"Yeah." I said

We went inside for lunch and then went back to our classrooms. Finally, the final bell rang time to go home.

"Well, I guess we'll see you tomorrow." Tori said.

"Won't you be on the bus?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Oh no, no, no I don't ride the bus." Tori said, like it was a bad thing "But, Emily and Hazel do."

Tori left and Emily and Hazel just stood there and looked at me.

"May I sit with you on the bus?" I asked like I was desperate.

"Oh... it's two to a seat and aren't you sitting with Carter?" Emily said sassy.

Then they left.