Chapter 5: Separate Ways

Today is Gura's 13th birthday. We all give our lovely little girl a birthday surprise. Gura was sad because no one remembers her birthday but it all turned into smiles and laughter. I don't know why Ame's father and mother also invited Daniel, I saw Ame's mother also invited her old friend.

"Oh hey Gwen!" "Nabi! We have not seen each other for a long time, or should I call you. Mrs. Watson?" "Oh come on, we've been friends since childhood, call me Nabi. So how ..." I decided not to hear their conversation because I thought it was impolite. When everyone is chatting and eating cake. I was alone while looking at the birds in the sky and thinking about what to do next. But I was approached by Ame's father. He patted me on the shoulder and made me a little surprised "Oh shi-!" "Hahaha, why are you so weak?" "You know I don't find that amusing right?" .

We talked about my household which was still questionable how it was, to be honest I was not sure how my own household was doing. You could say it's okay because Ame and I started to get close, but in the meantime Ame seemed to see me as a stranger. "I understand how you feel, however. I guess you should just divorce her." His words made me feel a little annoyed. But then I realized that he just wanted his daughter to be safe and happy. "I appreciate that you are very protective to your daughter. But, let me take care of your daughter alone. If I can not look after your daughter then it is certain that I am just trash." He laughed a little. "You are a husband who never gives up, huh? It's not wrong we approve your marriage." I feel happy and embarrased at his words. "T-Thank you." "Your welcome, there's no need to be embarrassed. Now go and return the memory of your wife, big guy!"
I feel motivated by his words. I never thought this ordinary conversation could make me excited to restore my wife's memory. But all that changed when Ame called me. "Oh hey Ame." "... Come with me." I was confused by Ame's behavior, I followed her to the living room. It was quiet in the living room so the two of us could talk quietly. "Can you explain this?" Ame shows a video.

The video shows that I am making out with Kiara in a restaurant although what really happen is I just chat with her, how the hell this video shows I'm making out with Kiara?. "Can you explain why all this time you bothered to restore my memory while you were having an affair with Kiara?!" "Ame you misunderstood. Me and Kiara just ..." "Don't lie! The proof is already in my hands, and you're still evasive?" "Ame listen to me ..." "I don't need your explanation, tomorrow. I'll be back at my house, and don't try to stop me. You're disappointing!" My heart hurts after hearing this, I never thought all my efforts would be in vain like this. I could just explain to him that the video is fake. But if I do that then I won't find the real culprit, I decided to part ways with Ame.

3 Weeks after I parted with that man. I moved to my parents house, to be honest I don't really want to talk about it, but what happened happened. I'm in the middle of having dinner with my parents, my father still looks confused by my decision. "Ame, after we finish eating, I want to talk to you for a moment." I nodded and continued eating.

After finishing eating I went to my father on the balcony. "Ame." "Father." "Ame. Do you think it's too much to leave your husband alone, he's such a good person. If he doesn't love you for what reason is he having a hard time trying to restore your memory?" "Dad, we've talked about this a lot, it's my household decision, I know what's best." "By divorcing the man who loved you so much?" "Huff ... Alright, I'll just tell you. The reason I separated from him ..."

3 weeks have passed since that incident, now I live alone in an empty house. Every morning I wake up feeling lonely. I know Ame and I need time to separate, but I never thought it would be so painful for my heart to be left by her. I got out of bed for breakfast. However, my food has run out. I decided to go to the convenience store near Kiara's KFP.

I entered there and I was greeted by Ina. "Oh hey, it's been a long time since we met." "Oh come on Ina, your houses are just next to mine." "Hehehe, I'm just kidding. So, what can I do for you?" "I want to buy ..." Boom, I heard a crash sound like someone had fallen, when I approached him I saw her.

I woke up on a sunny morning, last night I talked to dad, I'm glad he understands, but I hope he doesn't do anything reckless. I went to the bathroom and washed my face, wondering if my choice was right? After washing my face I went down to breakfast. "Ah Gura, you're awake." "Sis, where's breakfast?" "Hehehh, we haven't bought food yet, I forgot to buy it last night." "A." "Okay, I'll buy it. What do you want?" "Donuts! I want donuts!" "Hehehehe, alright. Wait here okay?" "Okay, sis!"

I went to buy donuts at the convenience store near Kiara's KFP, which luckily isn't that far. When I entered, I was greeted by Rose. "Oh hey Ame. Can I help you?" "Rose, don't be so formal, we're friends." "Hehehe." "Oh yes, by the way. Where is Ina?" "She's in the bathroom, so what can I help you?" "I'm looking for donuts." "There's a donut back there." "Thank you."

I went to the food area that Rose pointed out. When I got there, there were lots of donuts, there were chocolate, strawberry, matcha flavors and so on. I forgot to ask Gura what flavor of donuts he wanted. I took my cell phone to call Gura. "Gura, I forgot to ask, what taste do you want?" "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I wanted chocolate, while mom and dad wanted peanuts and vanilla." "Good." "Umm sis, when did big sis Uto come home? She hasn't been home for a long time." I forgot to tell Gura that my older sister Amatsuka Uto is coming back from Japan. "Good news! She's coming back in two days." "Really? How nice ... After she comes home I want to play with her." "* Chuckles * All right, but don't be naughty, huh?" "Ok!" I hang up my cellphone and continue shopping.

(I'm just kidding so, what can I do for you?)
I heard Ina's voice at the cashier who seemed to have returned. "Ame?" I heard a male voice that I should have avoided. I looked back. "Daniel? What are you doing here?" "I am looking for you." "What do you want?" "I want our relationship to be like before, I promise I will make you happy." "No! I know you sent the fake video! You want me to part with my husband right? So you can approach me?" "Oh come on Ame, I've cut my relationship with my girlfriend, and this is what I got?" "Then why did you do it? Isn't it your fault?" I immediately stepped away. "You-" He took my hand. "Let me go!" However, the floor I stepped on was so slippery that I fell and hit my head on the floor.

"Ame?" I saw Ame lying on the floor unconscious. Then there was Daniel who looked panicked. "Oi Daniel ... What are you doing?" "N-Not me. I can explain." However, he immediately ran away and tried to get out of here. "Chase him!" Shouted the security of this shop. I'm trying to help Ame. "Hey Ina, call an ambulance and Ame's parents!" "Good!" "Hang in there Ame."

To Be Continued ...