Chapter 2

I wake up after surgery. I rub my eyes and see Kellin. He gives me a light smile. "Hey honey, how are you feeling?" I yawn. "Alright." He nods. A doctor comes in and I get discharged rather quickly.

He leads me down the street to a bus. "Woah." He laughs. I follow him onto the bus with wide eyes. I get hugged by Copeland immediately. I go over to the couch and sit down, Kellin immediately making me put my foot up as well. He grabs ice and puts it on my knee.

"Okay, what 12 locations did you pick?" "Universal Studios, I don't care Orlando or Hollywood, Cabo San Lucas, The Space Needle, I want to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show live, go to Silverwood in Idaho, other than that, I don't really know. I want to meet your band members and potentially other bands I like."

"One of the days Copeland, Rowan, and you are all gonna be with a different member of one of your favorite bands so Katelynne and I could have a date night." I smile. "Which band?" "Pierce The Veil."

He laughs as my eyes get wide. "I have something to tell you, and it might be harder for you to know." I watch his expression. "Wendy wasn't your biological mom. I had her watch you for a few weeks when you were a baby and she kept you. I probably wouldn't have got you back if I didn't threaten to call the police."

"Oh. Who is my biological mom?" "Her name was Arcelia Perry. She was Tony's sister." "What happened to her?" "She had alcohol problems like I did." "Oh." I see him look at my expression. "You've had alcohol before and took to it negatively, didn't you?" "I wanted it for over a month after. I'm scared of it."

He nods. "It doesn't surprise me, alcohol issues run in families." I look down. "Speaking of things running in families, have you ever been diagnosed with any mental illnesses?" "Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder for sure. I think the doctor yesterday diagnosed me with ADHD as well."

He nods. "What are your hobbies?" "Guitar, singing, writing, drawing, and running." I hear Katelynne laugh. "She is so much like you, Kellin. I'm just waiting for the sass to emerge."

"You'll have to probably wait for a while. It will for sure, but it's muted most of the time around people I don't know. Just wait until you watch me in one of my classes next week, especially my nutrition and fitness teacher."

"How many weeks of school do you have left?" "2 full weeks. I don't have classes on Friday's and only a half hour homeroom on Wednesday's. All my classes Tuesday's and Thursday's are done before noon." He nods.

"We're going east first. We'll stop in Idaho tomorrow, we'll go through Montana and go into the Lewis and Clark Caverns, we'll go to Yellowstone, we'll continue heading east into New York. We'll go up the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, The Rocky Picture Horror Show.

After that, we'll go south. We'll stop in Maryland and visit Alex, stop in DC and view a few sights there, go down to Florida, visit Jack, Universal Studios Orlando for a day, we'll go on a Caribbean cruise then we'll head back west. We'll have a few more stops and then we'll end up in Cabo. We'll visit down there for a few days, go up to San Diego for a few days. go up to spend a day at Universal Hollywood with Nick and Jenna, a Mexico cruise, and then we'll head back up here.

We'll spend a day at the sand dunes in Oregon, come up to Seattle, go to the Space Needle, and then head to Eastern Washington. We'll drop Liam at school and then head back home. I know next year you'll be heading into Junior year. We'll stop along the way to visit any colleges you or Rowan want to."

I look at Liam. "What college are you going to?" "Eastern Washington University. It's in Cheney." "Yeah, I know. That's where my "cousin" and her fiancé went to school." "Awesome! Have you been around campus?" "A little. I went down during her third year so she was living off-campus already."

He nods. Kellin looks at me. "What schools have you been looking at?" "Eastern, WSU, Columbia College Chicago, SDSU, NYU, Syracuse University, Full Sail University, and Rowan University." "SDSU is where Vic went." "I know. As much as it may not seem it on the outside, I am a huge fangirl. If I had a class about knowing information about bands, I would get extra credit in it."

"How are your grades?" I laugh a little. "They're not horrible. I think they are all in the B range which is really good when you take into account the fact that a couple months ago I was failing all 6 of them." "How?" "Not turning in work, not focusing in class, writing for hours then suddenly realizing hours went by."

He laughs. "How much trouble did you get in in school?" "None excluding not paying attention. I would've gotten in a ton though if my ex went to my school. Kids were bullying him for being gay and if I would've seen that those kids would've ended up with broken noses. Even though I am small and fairly weak, I would've kicked their asses." I immediately cover my mouth.

"Oops, sorry." "I don't mind." He looks at my knee. "So what happened, anyways?" "My fourteenth birthday I was screwing around with my friends in science class, y'know, like normal teenagers. We were seeing how far we could go into the splits, bad idea by the way if you are on slippery floors. My shoe slipped and I fell into the full splits, hyperextending my knee.

It hurt, a lot. I limped out of the classroom to the bathroom where I could show my pain without others seeing. Fast forward a month nearly exactly to the school dance. I was being cautious, terrified of doing something to my knee again. I finally let go for one dance and did some dance move which caused me to dislocate my kneecap.

I limped over to the chairs and sat down for the last song. A week and a half later, I was just walking the upstairs hallway at school and a kid fell directly onto my leg sideways, making my kneecap dislocate again. It was so painful, even worse that I had to walk down the stairs and stand the whole next period.

Since then, it was just pretty much always hurting. It would be on and off but it would interfere with my sleep. It was always brushed off as me being over dramatic. Obviously, that wasn't the case." "Damn, that sounds incredibly painful."

"They had to do tests involving needles which made me uncomfortable. I'm not necessarily scared of them but they do make me really uncomfortable, especially if I see them." He smiles. "No piercings or tattoos?" "Oddly enough, I want both badly. I want a nose ring, spider bite piercings, gauges, more ear piercings, and I already have like 8 or 9 tattoos planned out."

"You are so much like Kellin, honestly." Kellin's eyes light up. "I can bring you to get more piercings." I smile and nod.