Chapter 10

I'm about to receive my last three shots. I passed out for both of the last two and Alex has passed out at least once. I see the nurse come back and I immediately close my eyes. "Hey, breathe." Dad gives my hand a light squeeze.

The nurse looks at my arms. "She needs to be watched pretty carefully for this round. Both of her arms are having localized reactions." She takes my vitals as well as the other's. She looks at their arms as well.

"Both of them have localized reactions as well. They should all be watched carefully." I feel my arm get cleaned and then the needles. I'm on the verge of passing out once again, but I don't. It begins getting difficult to breathe before she leaves the room.

Dad's eyes widen. "Doctor, she's having difficulty breathing." The doctor comes over. "Hey honey, can I have your EpiPen?" I slip them both out of my pocket.

She uses one. "I need to get more medications. Please watch her carefully and call for someone if you need them. Try to keep her calm." I hear Dad talking to me and trying to keep me calm but it's still hard for me to breathe and I'm on the verge of losing consciousness.

The doctor comes back and I feel cold through my IV. She puts an oxygen mask on me. She elevates my legs. "Take deep breaths." I watch Dad's breathing and copy it. I feel her use the second EpiPen on me.

The world around me slips away into an abyss of black. I wake up again and see both Alex and Vic have oxygen masks on. Dad looks at me. "Hey honey, you look exhausted." I wrap myself up in my blankets.

"Once the two of them wake up we are going to the hotel. You guys have all been approved to leave." I nod. I see Vic wake up and he looks extremely disoriented.

"What happened?" "You had a reaction just like Alex and Rachel. All three of you have slept for at least four hours. We're supposed to give you the antihistamines and a strong steroid in a couple hours. You'll pretty much be completely out after that."

I see him nod. Mike give him a light smack. "Don't scare me like that again." Vic looks guilty. "I'm sorry." "It's okay, just don't do it again." He nods. After Alex wakes up, we leave the allergy clinic. Dad is carrying me because I'm mostly asleep again.

I hear him before he puts me in the car. "Vic, Alex, I would suggest you guys stay awake at least until we get to the house 'cause no one is gonna be carrying you in." I get placed in the car and I watch the road as it goes by to the house.

We get there and Dad looks at me. "Do you want to walk in or me to carry you?" I yawn and shrug. I feel him pick me up and carry me inside. I hear Tony's voice immediately. "Is she okay?" "Yeah. All three of them had pretty severe reactions. They're all exhausted, but especially her."

He sits down and places me next to him. I lay my head down on the shoulder of the person next to me and I immediately recognize it is Tony. "Hey honey, are you feeling okay?" I just snuggle into him, not responding.

I hear Jack and Mike. I open my eyes a little and Alex is kind of pale. Both him and Vic look exhausted. I tap Dad's shoulder. "I want to go to bed." He nods. "One of the rooms has a California King bed. You three can share it?" I see them both nod.

Dad carries me upstairs while Mike leads Vic and Alex. We get to the room and Dad sets me down. "I'm gonna give you guys your medications." I feel cold through the IV on my hand. I feel a few pills in my hand and a water bottle in the other one.

I take them and drink a decent amount of the water. I lay down in the bed and soon enough I feel Alex next to me. I cuddle into him. He puts his arms around me. I fall asleep quickly. I wake up the next morning and I don't feel as bad.

I get out of bed and get ready for the day before heading downstairs. Dad smiles. "Hey honey, are you feeling better?" "My arms hurt and they are itchy. My thigh hurts as well." He hugs me.

"I'm gonna call your doctor." I nod. He hands me my pills. I take them and sit next to him as he calls the doctor. He puts down the phone. "They want me to bring you in in a little bit."

I nod. I see Vic, Tony, Alex, Jack, and Mike come downstairs. "Hey Vic, Alex, how do you feel?" I see both of them have hives on their arms. "We both have to go back to the doctor's today. I'm guessing you do as well?" I nod.

Dad gives them both their meds. He makes breakfast and hands plates to each of us. I eat some of it. I don't eat much of it before I feel full. I know I'm underweight, but I can't seem to gain back the weight.

A random question pops through my head. "Completely random, how did you guys react to the Covid vaccines?" "I didn't have any side effects to either." "Same." "Same." "Just excessive tiredness after the second." "I had a small fever after both." "I honestly don't remember. What about you?"

"The first dose I had a headache and nausea the next day, both of which are at least semi-normal to me so I don't know if it was caused by the vaccine. I also had a small fever. The second dose I got super tired about 4 hours after it. I kept myself awake for an hour and then fell asleep for about 20 minutes. I had a small headache and I felt really hot. The next day I was nauseous, had a medium fever, and I was still super tired."

"Man, that sucks." I nod. "I'm just glad both of them I got while not having school the next day. Technically, the first dose I shouldn't have gone to school the day after, but I was good enough." He gives me a small smile and then we head off to the doctor's.