Chapter 29.

Chapter 29 ━━ I'll Fix You With My Love

I listened to 'The Cure' by Lady Gaga while writing this chapter

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas shakes his head at the thought of including Teresa in their plan. 

"Like what?" Gally asks, crossing his hands over his chest. "You've seen the building. She is our only way in." 

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas asks as Katherine yawns softly. She's still sleepy from her nap earlier after Thomas, Newt and Gally left to look into the city. 

"I don't plan on asking for her permission." Gally remarks with a hint of sarcasm. 

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda asks. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?" 

"I like her." Gally comments, pointing at Brenda. 

Ignoring Gally, Brenda watches Thomas pacing around with a troubled expression. "What's going on?" 

"Tommo, there's nothing to think twice about this. That bitch betrayed us, remember?" Katherine's voice laces with venom at the mention of Teresa and her betrayal. 

A small silence spread as well as the tension between the group. 

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt? Hmm?" Newt suddenly speaks up, his eyes burning straight on Thomas. "Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?" 

Shocked by Newt's sudden outburst, Thomas narrows his eyes. "Wait, what are you talking about?" 

"Teresa. She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?" Newt steps forward, each step raises his anger as he finally pushes Thomas against the wall. "Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it." 

Katherine sobers up from her dizzy state and swallows. Her eyes are full of anxiety and concern. 

"Newt, I…" 

Newt grabs Thomas by his shoulder and into his jacket before slamming him to the wall behind, his eyes with anger and disgust. "Don't lie to me! Don't. Lie. To me!" 

Brenda lets out a gasp as her hand goes to her mouth while others stare at the scene with wide eyes. 

Katherine bites her lips, not knowing what to do. She has seen Newt acting out in anger once. But it was all about jealousy and this time, it's hard to explain this level of his anger issue. It's more like he's out of control of himself. 

Realizing what he's doing, Newt backs away with an apologetic expression. "Sorry." 

His brown eyes flicker between his friends and stop on Katherine. "I'm sorry."