Chapter 5:Spiders

Chapter 5

Peter stood at the opposite side walk looking up at the enormously tall building, The giant green letters running down the side of the building read out Oscorp. As he walked through the automatic glass doors he looked up to the roof, he felt his palms start to sweat and his vision blurred in and out while he walked around looking confused. The receptionist at the front desk noticed that the young man looked extremely out of place.

"Excuse me!" she called out to him.

"Wh-what?" Peter said walking over to the front desk.

"May I help you?" she said snobishly.

"Uh I-I don't know, I'm here to see Harry h-he told me to meet him here," Peter manged to stammer out.

She began typing something up on the computer sitting in front of her, "Oh Mr.Parker!" she exclaimed as if it had just become obvious who he was.

She quickly gave him directions and a badge so he wouldn't get stopped by security. He hadn't exactly heard all her directions, but he didn't want to make her repeat herself so he just nodded and smiled nervously as he backed toward the escalator.

Peter patiently waited as the escalator took him slowly up to the next level. A computerized female voice began to play through the entire building and as Peter looked up he saw a giant holographic screen showing Norman Osborn's silouette holding a globe with Oscorp Industries plastered to the front.

"Welcome to Oscorp," the voice began, "born from the mind of our founder Norman Osborn the Oscorp Tower houses 108 floors of innovation,"

Peter looked around him smiling thinking of walking into this building every day to be apart of these amazing scientists and businessmen.

"Our scientific minds are pushing the boundries of defense, bio-medical, and chemical technologies. The future lies within,"

As Peter stepped off the escalator he smiled at the corny line that he had just heard. He started to try to remember the directions he was given, but just as he started to walk toward what he thought was the right place a security guard stopped him,

"Hey little man your group is over there," The large man said nodding his head toward a group of people huddled around eachother.

Peter began to try to explain his situation, "Oh no you don't under-" but before he could finish the man cut him off.

"No, no son I understand completely," He said holding up his hands in a sarcastic defensive manner, "now get back with the group,"

Peter reluctantly turned toward the large group of people and walked to the back.

"What are we waiting here for?" Peter asked the small asian kid standing in front of him.

"Uh Dr.Connors I guess," The kid responded in a nerdy tone and turned back away from Peter.