𝒟𝓇𝒾𝓅 𝒟𝓇𝑜𝓅 𝒟𝓇𝒾𝓅

It was almost 2 am in the morning when the clouds rumbled loudly making everything shiver and in no time small tiny droplets started descending from heaven itself. The sound of the tiny droplets quenching the thirst of the dry land was soothing. As the wind blew, the storm of the rain raged more. The smell of the soil had changed after that.

As Bondita heard the sound of the droplets hitting the windowpane of her room, she woke up from her sleep. She was trying hard to not let the sound of the rain affect her as it was so late and she was sleepy but this sound seemed to be in a battle with her ears. She turned around and found Anirudh sleeping peacefully next to her, the least bothered by any sound. She frowned and stood up.

"Kumbhkaran kahin ke!" she muttered to herself as she stole a glance at him and marched towards the window. The only thing that illuminated the room was the candle she lit. As Bondita opened the curtains, she could see the window all wet with the droplets. As she touched the window, she felt elated as her fingers felt the cold surface, giving her another level of an unknown emotion, filling her up with happiness time and again. She loved rain.

She slowly opened the window and as she felt the droplets hitting her face, she could only dance with her eyes closed.

"Mujhe bhi bheegna hai! " she said to herself and the next moment quietly closed the window. She gently tip toed out of the room and as she closed the door behind her, she giggled to herself.

She slowly and steadily ascended the stairs which led her to the terrace. Once she was there, she spread her arms out and slowly let the rain drench her as she closed her eyes, feeling every drop on her body.

The night sky was not visible due to the clouds but the night was illuminated with a mysterious glow. As the thunder rumbled more, Bondita jumped with glee clapping her hands. She loved it altogether. Getting drenched in the rain was so much peaceful and that too in the middle of the night when the whole world was sleeping.

Meanwhile, Anirudh tossed in his sleep and as his hand roamed over the bed sheet, he woke up with a jerk as he didn't find Bondita next to him. He heard the sound of the thunder and rain outside and he stood up. As worry frowned his face, he marched outside.

After all those futile attempts of not finding Bondita anywhere in the house, he decided to check on the terrace. Without wasting any more time, he made his way towards the terrace.

He was about to call out Bondita's name when he reached there but the sight in front of him halted his steps.

His Bondita was dancing in the rain with her eyes closed. He was at a loss of words as he just encountered an ethereal beauty getting drenched in the rain and from where he could observe, he could see her lips already curved up in a smile which gave him another level of comfort and content. The strange glow of the night was enough to let him have a look at her. She had stopped jumping around and she made her arms spread as she looked at the sky, making the raindrops wet her alluring face. As she was thoroughly drenched in the rain, her light saree was completely wrapped around her sleek body which made her all the more tempting and he concluded that his wife was beautiful, the most beautiful woman he ever came across.

He was so engrossed in his own world that he didn't realize that even he was completely soaked with the heavy shower that poured from the sky. Impassioned as he was, he took slow steps towards her. He could not decipher what prompted him to make himself get drenched in the rain which he hated. Maybe it was the beauty standing in front of him or was it just the effect of the rain? His eyes were stuck on her, the only sound he could hear was of the rain as the whole world around him was in deep slumber.

As the wind fluttered again, Bondita's fragile face encountered a hard blow of the rain water and she closed her eyes and took a few steps back. But she suddenly felt something behind her back, actually someone. Her back hit his chest unknowingly. She was about to turn around but she felt his hands on her shoulders as he leaned in closer to her ear and whispered," Kya kar rahi ho Bondita yahan?"