𝐼 𝒲𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒴𝑜𝓊

Bondita combed Anidita's hair in two braids and hummed a tune. Her twins had turned eight last month and as they were growing up, both Anirudh and Bondita had become more careful regarding everything related to Anidita and Shyam, be it studies, food or carving them into beautiful human beings. Yes, their priority was making their children good human beings and inculcating humanity into them. They wanted to carve their children into people of substance who had a voice of their own.

Anidita was just like her mother when it came to debating while Shyam inherited his father's thundering voice. Of course he was a kid still, but the way he would shout when Anidita would snatch his favorite toy would make everyone cover their ears. 

As Bondita kissed the top of Anidita's head after braiding her hair, Anidita stood up from from the floor where they had been sitting. She faced her mother and Bondita's gaze lingered on Anidita's face. She pulled Anidita onto her lap and Anidita cuddled into her embrace.

"What does my Anidita want to know?" asked Bondita, stroking her hair.

Anidita's little eyes gleamed with amazement as she got down from her lap and faced her. 

She asked," Maa, how do you know that I want to know something?"

"I am your mother, sweetheart. How would I not know?" Bondita raised her eyebrows as she pinched Anidita's nose.

Bondita held her hands and raised her eyebrows to which Anidita pouted her lips cutely. 

"Why did you and Baba get married?"

Anidita's innocent question caught Bondita a little off guard as she looked at her daughter all bewildered. She looked into her eyes and saw innocence and curiosity dripping down her orbs. Why would Anidita suddenly ask such a question? Bondita was lost in thought as she tried to comprehend all the possibilities. Did something happen in school or did her daughter come across something like this?

"Maa!" whined Anidita which brought Bondita out of her trance and she looked at her daughter.

Taking a deep breath, Bondita stroked her hair lovingly. Her little daughter will someday grow up into a fine woman but there was a lot of time in that. But if she didn't answer this question of hers, then she'd be betraying her own self and her daughter as well. She had learnt it from her Pati Babu that there's always an answer to every question, there's always a way out.

Being parents, it is important to have a word with your children and answer every question that erupts in their mind. A little child's curiosity will always lead him or her to glory, it's never problematic but it plays a vital role in the development of their innocent brain. Just like an artist paints a beautiful picture on a white canvas adding his own imagination and touches to it, a parent paints the canvas of his child's life adding colors and thus weaving magic.

"I married your Baba because I love him." Bondita answered as she looked into Anidita's innocent eyes. 

"Is loving a person enough to get married to them? Why didn't you marry me then?" asked Anidita, incredulously.

Bondita giggled at her innocence and said," I cannot marry you, my sweet Anidita!"

Anidita jerked Bondita's hands away and folded her arms across her chest. She said, a little irritated," You don't love me, Maa! You don't even love Shyam. You only love Baba."

Bondita chuckled at her cuteness and pulled her cheeks. Anidita blew her cheeks, turning her head away, making her mother adore her even more. Bondita poked her cheeks, to which she pouted and said," Anidita, I love you. But I love your Baba in a different way."

Anidita was listening to her keenly.

"Your Baba and I share something different. It's just cannot be put into words. Pati Babu has done so much for me. I don't know when, but I fell in love with him. Love is something which is away from all material things. It just happens, you don't even need to wait for it. It will just come and knock at the door of your heart which is locked. And there's this one person who has the key to this locked door and in my case, it was your Baba who had the key and he unlocked the door of my heart, making me love him more than anything in this world. Just as he turned the key, I let it all flow, I devoted my whole existence to him."