Seven: Time off

"Hye-Young!" I shouted. I looked over at Sunho, "Look what you've done!" I yelled but I knew it was me that did this not him. I chased after Hye-Young, a mixture of sweat and tears dripping down my face as I sprinted to catch up with Hye-Young who was out of sight.

~

I finally caught up with Hye-Young, who was sitting on the stairs his face buried in his hands. "Hye-Young.." I muttered. His head jolted up and he stood up right. "Tell me that you really loved me during our relationship!" He shouted. "Hye-Young.. Can we just talk about this instead of arguing and shouting at eachother back and fourth?" I proclaimed. "Just answer the damn question Y/n! Did you ever really love me! At all!?" He shrieked. "This isn't far Hye-Young." I replied. "No! This is fair, you've been playing with my feelings Y/n, you never even loved me and to think I loved you." He chuckled, dryly and sadly under his breath. "No! This isn't fair, you have no right to shout at me!" I shouted back. "Yes I do!" Hye-Young argued. "No you don't, your not the only one that has feelings here, I have feelings too and sometimes you can't help what you feel." I proclaimed.

We argued back and fourth for what seems like hours. "Do you really have feelings Y/n, if you did you wouldn't have done this!" He shouted. "I made a stupid mistake Hye-Young!" I yelled. "Don't you get it?" Hye-Young asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Everybody leaves you Y/n, nobody stays with you." He chuckled sadly under his breath. "Even your own parents left you, your best friends left you, have nobody Y/n." Hye-Young proclaimed.

My phone which was once in my hand, slipped out the grip of my sweaty hands and fell to the floor. The corner of my phone hit the floor and my entire screen shattered. My eyes swelled with tears. The gathered tears escaped from my eyes. "You even caused Jojo's and Sunho's break up the day we had the double date, everything bad that's happened was because of you, you're toxic." Hye-Young said.

"That's enough Hye-Young." A familiar voice said, sternly. It was Sunho. "Leave her alone." Sunho said. "What are you? Her boyfriend?" Hye-Young asked. "No, but you still are." Sunho said. Hye-Young fell silent. His words rushed through my head, 'even your own parents left you.' My parents death figured infront of my eyes again, as if it were happening again.

It was a dark night, my mother was in the passenger seat and my dad was in the drivers seat and my 4 year old self was in one of the back seats, sitting next to my older brother who was 7 years old. We were on our way home from the restaurant we ate out at. "Mummy, can I get a new teddy?" I asked. "Sweetie, you already have so many." My mother refused. "Can we get a pet duckie?" I asked, asking for a pet duck. "Okay, tell you what sweetheart. We'll get you a puppy on your fifth birthday which is only in a few days." My dad said, looking through the mirror.

On the left there was a lorry coming towards us, I thought it would stop at it was a red light. It was a green light for us so we kept on driving.

Before, we knew it the lorry skipped the red light and smashed into the side of our car. The glass shattered as my mother and father hit there head hardly on the surface with tons of sharp, shards of glass stuck into there faces. Neither of them said anything, my seatbelt was trapped, my brother was knocked out with fewer shards of glass stuck in his face. I leaned over, the seatbelt suffocating me. I shook my brother, "S- Stop... I want to sleep..." My brother muttered as he fell 'asleep.' "Big brother, don't sleep.." I muttered.

~

I woke up in the hospital, covered in bandages and tubes. "Wheres mummy and daddy?" I asked. "Wheres big brother?" I asked. The female nurse next to me, tucked my (Y/h/c) behind my ear. "I'm so sorry sweetheart.." She muttered. "You're the only one who survived sweetheart." The nurse said. I burst out in tears knowing what once was my family was now a party of one.

~

I snapped back into reality, screaming and crying. Sunoh stopped arguing with Hye-Young and turned to me, "Hey Y/n, breathe." Sunoh said. I tried to take deep breaths but it wasn't helping very much. "Call her aunt, Hye-Young." Sunoh demanded, as he turned his head to his best friend. "Okay." Hye-Young said, taking out his phone. I heard the dials of a number as Sunoh said the numbers. The world was going fuzzy, spinning around in circles as if it were a transition in a video. But, then it stopped spinning as my eyes shut and fell to the ground, in pitch black darkness.

It must've been around eleven pm, it was dark outside and cold food sat on the floor next to me. I saw my aunt asleep on the floor. I got up and tiptoed across the floorboards. Every step I took made the old floor creak.

The creaks woke up my Aunt. "Where are you going Y/n?" My aunt asked. "To my room?" I replied. "This is your room." My aunt said, as I scratched the back of my neck. "Oh right ha..ha?" I said. "Get to bed." My aunt said sternly.

I got into bed and rested for a little while, unable to fall asleep. "Just to let you know, you will be taking some time off from school." My aunt smiled as she walked out my bedroom closing my door behind her. "Do I have to take time off!?" I shouted. "Yes!" My aunt shouted back.