Ch.8 Mod Souls...Are Too Much

~~~~Time Skip/Emiko's P.O.V.~~~~

"And...there. I've finished sweeping."

"Really? Thanks, Emiko!" Yuzu smiles.

After arriving home with Ichigo, I had help Yuzu clean up the place while Ichigo went upstairs to grab one of her stuffed animals.

"Okay. Just need to wash the dishes and then I'll be done."

"...I can do that if you want."

"That's okay, Emiko, I got it. It's late, you just go get some rest."

"Okay. See you tomorrow morning."

Putting the broom away, I head up stairs to my bedroom. Walking by Ichigo's room, I could hear screaming from within.

I bet that's Ririn.

Stopping in front of his door, I knock on it twice.

"..."

...

...

...

"Y-Yeah?" Ichigo calls out.

"Relax. It's Emiko."

"Come in."

I open his door and shut it behind me. Immediately, I notice the talking, yellow bird thrashing about.

 Immediately, I notice the talking, yellow bird thrashing about

"What is this?!" Ririn freaks.

Ichigo just stares at her.

"Um...a bird..."

"Hold on! This isn't what I wanted!"

"Well, too bad."

Ignoring Ririn's protests Ichigo simply sits at his desk. Picking up a book, he begins reading it while putting an earbud in his ear.

"Too bad?!"

"...Ririn, was it?"

"Yeah, what?" she rudely replies to me.

Her grumpy expression falls once she meets my cold glare.

"I understand you're unhappy with the situation you were forced in. But, you still need to stay quiet so our family doesn't hear you. So I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible."

Ririn gulps as I pick her up by her blue hoodie. We come face to face in an instant. She sweats a bit, waiting for me to speak.

"Shut. Up."

"Y-Y-Yes, Ma'am."

I place her back on her feet and turn on my heel.

"Let me know if a Bount shows up, Ichigo."

"Will do."

I exit his room and shut the door. Continuing down the hall, I end up in front of my door. Turning the handle, I begin opening the door. However, at the same time, I sensed danger. I fully open my door to only confirm my suppositions.

"EMIKOOOOOOOO~!"

I duck, letting Kon fly over my head. He ends up faceplanting the floor behind me.

"Ow~...E-Emiko... My...goddess~..."

"Stay out of my room when I'm not around."

Ignoring his stupid flirting, I shut my door. I relax once I sit on my bed and take my ponytail out. Letting my hair fall around my shoulders, I grab my brush off the nightstand. Running it through my hair, my mind begins to wonder. Eventually, an unpleasant thought began to surface.

"...Kaori..."

What in the world happen to her? That energy she was producing was so unnatural. I'm sure she was always human. So how did she...?

"..."

Putting my brush down, I go to my desk and open the very bottom drawer. There inside was a variety of things neatly in their place. But the one that caught my attention was a picture frame buried underneath everything. Pulling it out, I examine it.

It was a picture of a happy beautiful woman with two little girls. One of them being her daughter while the other was like a daughter to her. I just stare at the woman with a sadden expression. Placing the frame on my nightstand, I put my hands together in a small prayer.

"...May you rest in peace... And...I'm sorry... I hope you can forgive me."

...

...

"...!"

A light push on my right shoulder causes me to open my eyes. I look behind me to find nothing.

"...Okay."

Picking the brush back up, I finish up brushing my hair. Once back in a ponytail, I get dress in a nightgown and turn the lights off. I lay down in my bed and pull the covers over my body. Within seconds, I fall asleep.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"...Emi... elp! Plea..."

Hmm?

"EMIKOOO!"

Sitting up in my bed, I could hear screaming just on the other side of my door.

"Emiko~! Help me!"

...Kon...

"...Isn't this a lovely way to wake up on such a calming morning."

"I beg you! Please open the door!"

I get up and open the door. The moment I do, Kon rushes into my room with Ririn on his back. She was hitting and kicking him.

"Ow! Stop it already!" Kon pleads with her.

"No way! This is what you get for trying to boss me around! Just who do you think you are anyway?!"

"Kon! The FIRST mod soul to live here- Ow! Emiko~!"

I shake my head before pulling the two apart.

"Will you two stop already? You don't have to get along, just stop fighting."

"But he-"

I glare at Ririn, freezing her mid-sentence.

"F-Fine." she pouts as she looks away from me.

"Thank you. Now, get out. I have to get dress."

"I can help you with that my beautiful goddess-"

Ririn kicks Kon dead in his face. With such force, he's sent flying down the hall.

"...Thank you."

"No problem."