Suprise

I open my eyes and look at my alarm clock that reads 2:30 a.m. That's odd I think to myself, no one should be awake at such an hour but I can hear mumbling coming from down the hallway.

I decide its best to go investigate to make sure everyone is okay. I make it to my bedroom door and slowly creep it open. Standing in the living room at the end of the hallway is my dad. He appears to be on the phone so I silently make my way over to him.

I sit down on the couch as I hear the end of his conversation. After he hangs up he sits down next to me. "Sorry if the noise woke you up kid." he apologizes. "Oh no, it's okay, who was that anyways?" I ask.

"No one important, just an old work friend" He informs me. He then gets up and grabs something from across the room. "You know, I wasn't going to give these to you till tomorrow but I figure this is the right time."

He hand me a ticket, I quickly look over it and realize THEY ARE TICKETS TO SEE 5SOS IN CONCERT THIS WEEKEND. I jump out of the couch and give my dad a huge hug.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU." I shout as loud as I can. "I figured, since mom was going to take you to see them, it's the least I could do."

You see my mom burned to death inside of a McDonald's play place a few months ago. She was with my cousin and the whole place blew up due to some kids messing around out in the kitchen. She had always wanted to take me to see 5sos, she really enjoyed their music.

"Am I going alone?" I ask him. "Well I have an extra ticket so you could bring someone if you wanted to."

I rush back into my room and grab my phone. I dial my bestie Cassidy's number as quick as I could. Cassidy has been my friend since we were in 6th grade. We met through the marching band, but she thought I was some guys mother due to me wearing a grandma sweater. After we got put in the flute section together we've been inseparable. She's my only friend though, I mean who would want to hang out with the band geeks. 

The phone rings 3 times before she picks up. "Grace it's 3 in the morning what the fuck do you want?" She asks sounding half asleep.

"My dad...got me...and you..." I trail on. "Could you please just spit it out." She whines. "HE GOT US TICKETS TO SEE 5SOS."

"WHAT." She yells back into the the phone. "Yeah and we are going to be in pit too so they might see us." I inform her. "Maybe they will see us and fall in love." Cassidy says.

"Yeah, I doubt they'd ever fall in love with a girl like me...."

Okay so Ik that chapter was a bit underwhelming but it was to set everything up so...just like it. Anyways this is also written as a joke but with that being said i'm taking it 100% seriously.