Any question?

Xiao and Zhongli sat at a table. Silence in between them.
Zhongli picked up a tea cup, quietly sipping the contents of the tea cup.

Xiao closed his eyes, his head facing the floor.
The silence was comforting for Xiao, being in this mortal's presence felt like he was near the traveler. Both mortals shared the same trait, they made Xiao feel like being more kind towards them.

"Xiao, would you like to ask questions?"
Zhongli asked after minutes of silence.

"I will not waste my breath, you mortals know nothing."
Zhongli sighed, placing the tea cup down on the table.

"Your name is Adeptus Xiao, your real name is Alatus. You took the burden of your fellow Yakshas and consistently fend off the karma of the dead gods."

Zhongli reaches into his pocket, showing painkillers in a small bottle.
"I recommend these for you, they are good for your kind."

Zhongli places the bottle on the table, pushing it towards Xiao.
Xiao watched as the taller male adjusted himself.

"I hope that means that you will ask questions now."
Zhongli makes eye contact with Xiao, sending a shiver down Xiao's spine.

The eyes were too familiar to Xiao's liking.

"Is Rex Lapis dead?"
Xiao bits his lip, the anticipation of it being true was slowly killing him.
Zhongli stared at him, unable to answer.

"I'm not sure, I am but a mere mortal, however.." Zhongli grew quiet.

"However?"
Xiao growled, unhappy with the half-answer he has gotten.

"However, the idea of him being dead is certain. Perhaps he will awaken when the time is right."
Zhongli added.

Xiao was repulsed by the idea, "A god will not just easily die, they are near immortal. I refuse to accept the idea he will just wake up when needed."

Zhongli nodded, he got up from the chair, dusting himself off.
"Well then Adeptus Xiao, you can alert me if anything is needed. For now, I will complete my already full list of duties. Goodbye."

Zhongli saw himself out the door, Xiao's jaw was to the floor.

"How dare that mortal leave so abruptly, these mortals are all the same."
He hissed under his breath.

.
.
.
.

Paimon pounded on Aether's bedroom door.
"AETHERR!!"
Paimon yelled, yet no one opened the door.

Paimon sulked, floating to the living room.
"I'm so hungry."
She complained, rubbing her tummy in a circular motion.

Someone began to knock on the front door, Paimon punched the air before opening the door.

"Hello?"
Paimon looked outside to see nobody.

"IF YOU'RE GOING TO KNOCK ON THE DOOR THEN AT LEAST SHOW UP WHEN I ANSWER!!"
Paimon slammed the door shut, she huffed, proceeding to float to the bedroom.

Knock knock

The knocking began once again, Paimon tugged at strands of her hair before throwing the door open.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"
Paimon complained. Ganyu stood at the door red of discomfort.

"Oh...Ganyu?"
Paimon's voice grew quiet.
"Hello Paimon, I'm sorry to not answer at once. I was afraid you were sleeping since you took so long to open the door."

Ganyu specified, Paimon sighed in defeat.

"Come inside, can you ask the people for food?"
Paimon politely asked after rudely yelling at Ganyu.
Ganyu just nodded hesitantly and rang the bell.

Paimon explained her order as the staff wrote it down. The staff had gone down to explain the order to the chefs while Paimon and Ganyu sat down in the living room.

"Paimon, where is the traveler?"
Paimon pouted at the mention of Aether. "Oh the guy who decided to be lazy and not wake up to order me food? He's fast asleep."

Ganyu raised an eyebrow, "The traveler is supposed to be doing commissions at this moment right?"

Paimon nodded.
"I'm not sure, should I wake him up?"
Ganyu bit her lip in thought, she spoke up. "Perhaps it's best we wake the traveler.

Paimon nodded before floating off the couch and floating to Aether's door. Paimon floated to Aether who was fast asleep on the bed.

He was sweating and his breathing was rigid. Paimon huffed, shaking him violently. "WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD WE HAVE GUESTS!!"

However Aether didn't wake, instead staying in the exact same state Paimon had found him.

"Ganyu! Please help me!"
Paimon complained, Ganyu began to walk to Aether's door. She faced her head down while she walked through the doorway.

"T-traveler it's time to wake up!"
She demanded sheepishly. Paimon rolled her eyes, shaking Aether even more violently than before.

Ganyu slowly stepped towards the two, lightly pushing Aether. Paimon shrugs while Ganyu studies Aether who seems to be in a worrisome state.

Ganyu immediately checked his pulse then his forehead. "Paimon! Get doctor Baizhu quick! Aether has fallen gravely ill!"

Ganyu spoke quickly, Paimon nodded, teleporting to doctor Baizhu's office.

Ganyu studied Aether's hand, seeing little specks of black starting to spill out of his aura. An aura radiating black and grey.

"Karmic aura. Evil Karmic aura." Ganyu said petrified and shaking.