gift

Yoongi had been wordlessly staring at the girl's door for the past three minutes.

After he had thought long and hard on his way to the neighbourhood stalls, he finally decided that a set of drawing pencils was good enough for the budding artist.

He then went all the way back home to put it in a paper bag, wanting to make the gift look more visually appealling.

As the final and most important touch, he wrote "Happy Birthday ~Smoker-ssi" on a post-it note and pasted it on the box of pencils.

Taking the lift to the floor upstairs, he started to absorb the fact that this was finally happening.

And now it all came down to that crucial moment when he stood outside her door.

He heaved a deep sigh.

Careful not to make any noise, he slowly hung the paper bag on the girl's doorknob.

He huffed a determined puff of air from his nose before rushing everything in a second.

He spam rang her doorbell thrice before brisk walking away to hide in a nearby corner.

Breathing heavily from the adrenaline, he waited.

Seconds later, a muffled click was audible before her door creaked open.

Yoongi leaned closer.

"Hello?" Her confused voice echoed throughout the corridor.

It wasn't too long after when Yoongi heard a small "oh?" and the sound of the rustling paper bag.

He squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating her reaction.

"Holy shit!" the girl whisper-yelled.

His eyes snapped open. 'Is that good or bad?'

"What the hell?? Oh God..." He heard her mutter exasperatedly before she slammed her door.

Yoongi slumped on the wall behind him with a pout.

Guess he should give her some time.