Chapter 8

3rd Person POV

" May be we should search for solution in forbidden library ." Lan Xichen hopefully suggested .

After knowing about Nei Sect cultivation method he was worried about his friend . The fact that every sect leader in history of Nei Sect died by Qi deviation was scary . He didn't want his friend to have such fate too . He said it was a curse in their family but Lan Xichen couldn't give up without trying . 

Lan Zhan could feel worry radiating out from his brother . He looked at his father . Sect leader thought for a moment .

" Inform me when Flute Master arrives tomorrow.  I will escort three of you ." He said after thinking .

The Jade twins were surprised . Taking an outsider into Forbidden library of LAN??!!??!

Sect leader looked at their faces .

" What? Didn't Wangji promise to find solution together ? You are not going to break your promise are you ?" He asked in a confused face like he was totally not getting why his sons were surprised .

" Father do you know him ?" Lan Xichen asked . It was the only possible way because his father was too powerful cultivator to be possessed . Lan Wangji also shared the same idea . 

Suddenly Lan Qiren who had been sitting silently huffed .

" He is a brat " Lan Qiren declared like it's a rule of nature .

Qingheng-Jun laughed .

" But you are still fond of him . " He teased .

" I don't like him. He doesn't follow decorum . I would have Qi deviation if I had to teach him ." He hummed." He is a smart brat though. " he pointed out . 

"But he has his own principles . He is knowledge and fast thinking person. . " Their father praised.

Ok . Wait .

What's going on here ?

Did the Jade twins become invisible to them ?

Do they really know Flute Master that well ?

They were sitting there dumbly while their uncle and father carried on with their argument / teasing / talk .They were not sure what this conversation should be called .Clearly Flute Master was favored by their uncle and father . The fact that uncle praised a stranger( while insulting ) was enough .

Confused twins finally asked for their leave . As Lan Wangji was about to stand up his father called him .

" Wangji , you never voiced for the fact that we choose someone as your life partner whom you never met . I know everyone always wondered who he was. And as I promised , you will meet him in lantern festival. It is one month from today . " He didn't try to hide the affection in his voice .

He sat up then walked to the self . He took out a white box . Lan Wangji stood up and received the box . He could sense it was something important .