Chapter 4

Lan Wangji POV:

" Brother we should wait ."

Ignoring the delay , we decided to wait for those children's health to improve. Brother and most of disciples returned back to Gusu. This sudden appearance of Water Abyss was too odd to be coincidence. They need to do further investigation. Although we have some guess who it might be . Recent reports clearly mentions that last Water Abyss was found in Wen Sect . But no solid evidence was present .

Most disciples of flute Master also returned back . He looks very young for someone ,who has disciples . He almost looks like my age . May be it's the strong cultivation. Nor he or his disciples bother to ask for credit but brother will definitely mention them in report . They had brief talk before brother left .

Meanwhile I decided to stay here in an inn. The healers arrived and checked on the children. The elder child just had high fever.

By the stories, I know that Jiang Cheng , Jiang Yanli , Nei Hauisang and Flute Master are sword siblings. They probably also know his name and face , I thought somehow feeling bitter .

He lived in Red Spider Lily Mountain. Red Spider Lily Mountain represents the cycle of rebirth which was appropriate for that place . His domain spends around 30 village . Before coming to Cloud Recesses , Jiang disciples and red shadows had shared training for a month and same goes for Nei sect . But they don't have any official Sect name , I couldn't help but wonder why .

From what I know from discussion of elders ,the disciples have their own sword form .Also Flute Master never ever gets involved in politics . But various trades were followed between the villages and other sects . He usually travels from place to place .There were many stories about how he helped poor peasants, farmers or basically anyone in need .

Suddenly I felt like I know way too much about that man .

I went down to check on the children . Suddenly Flute Master came in front of me

"Second Master Lan would like to join us for dinner 😊😁."

His sudden move and voice threw me off guard . Before I could say something -

" Look at you!! All you can do is gulping down food. " Jiang Cheng mocked his sword brother .

I really do think he is good in many other things too.

" So what? I love food. I eat it everyday 😜." Flute Master replied , sticking a tongue out like a child .

Roar of laughter spend among everyone . I had to guide my expression to not to smile. We went to a restaurant . I was going to sit alone in a seat but suddenly Flute Master came in front of me

"Thank you for asking you brother to wait. " He grinned.

Although he had a face mask . His lips were clearly visible . His smile was definition of perfect smile . I nodded in daze. Somehow don't want him to go . First time someone talked so freely to me. Most of the time they were scared.

"I will call you Lan Zhan !" He declared .

My eye widen slightly no one ever called me by birth name. I didn't know what to say. But before I could deny he changed the subject .

" If you don't have any problem , I think I can take the children . " He said .

"No problem" I assured him . For some reason I couldn't say no to him . He talked about all the random things in the world and my short replay didn't seem to discourage by it .

I wanted to know more about him . His name .The place where he live . The -

I STOPPED .

' Lan Wangji what do you think you are doing ? '