FOURTEEN

chao wasn't having any fun whatsoever.

he came here for an easily meal to keep him full for a few days, but no. they kept slipping through his fingers like water, all managing to free break and keep going.

he was hoping that one he choke-slammed against the wall was still there, but something way bigger than him roared and suddenly he wasn't in that same spot anymore. not that he was scared, he was just really, really pissed. he tapped his foot against the floor, his tail lashing to side as his ears laid flat against his head, a low growl sounding from his throat. he was hungry.

this plan was supposed to go flawlessly and be extremely easy. but it sure wasn't either.

"boss! we caught someone!" came lu's voice, appearing around the corner with someone he was grabbing tightly by the arm. changwoo was there too, also dragging the person by their other arm. they threw him down in front of chao, the monster-human's eyes lighting up in the dark. "oh yes, you finally know how to do your damn job."

changwoo snorted. "he also had this."

he tossed a handgun to the floor, the weapon sliding across the floor until it hit against chao's foot.

hendery raised his head, revealing his beaten face. "you aren't the people i called for help."

chao snorted, picking up the handgun. "no shit. i didn't know food was this annoying," he focused back on changwoo and lu. "i wonder where the hell everyone else is...?"

"right here," came a snarl.

the half-cat monster human turned his dark-haired head to see dejun standing nearby, holding a dead body by the neck. his black eyes were clearly crazed, his black tail spattered with blood posed and ready to strike anyone who dared come near.

his eyes soon landed on hendery, his gaze softening. just for a few moments. "love..."

"love?" chao's ear twitched as he picked up what dejun had said. he looked back at the human, who was still on the floor while looking rather defeated. he smirked, "he's your love?"

he raised the handgun.

"don't you dare lay a hand on him," dejun hissed, dropping the body he once held, the soft look immediately fading away.

"what are you going to do about it?" chao retorted, purposefully pushing his buttons as he aimed the gun at hendery's forehead, his own tail lashing with excitement.

"tear you apart," dejun growled. "i've already killed a lot of your men. you're just one last problem in my way."

chao shot lu and changwoo a look. "hold this guy's love," he gestured to hendery with his tail as he dropped the gun. "i'll handle him."

changwoo and lu did what they were told, picking up hendery by the arms and dragging him aside.

dejun was the first to attack, baring his teeth and striking chao with his knife-ended tail. chao caught the end in his hands and tugged, pulling the other closer to him only to sock him right in the face. he stumbled away due to the force, briefly covering his poor now broken nose with a hand before turning back around, still ready to take chao on in a fight.

"that's all you got?" he taunted, his yellow, cat-like eyes flashing with triumph. "come at me for real!"

dejun hissed. "you won't be so confident when i snap your neck."