Happy birthday little key (Jake x MC)

She didn't celebrate a birthday. She said that she did not like this holiday, did not see the point in it, and even refused to said the date.

But she was unlucky: her boyfriend was a hacker, not very experienced in relationships, and best friends - able to convince other people Jessy and Richy. They were sure that if someone doesn't like birthdays, it means that this person just didn't have a good holiday. Jake succumbed to their persuasions, learned the date - he was a capable guy. Maybe because he really wanted to please her. Or because Jessica and Richy could be really convincing. And they began to prepare a surprise, trying not to arouse suspicion.

A noisy party was out of the question. If only because all her friends lived on the other side of the country. But a little surprise based on her preferences...

When she returned from work that very day, there was something waiting for her in the house that scared her almost more than the man without a face had once done. Darkness and silence. The house seemed completely empty - no Jake, no furry pet. In any case, no one responded to her call. Shivering, she made her way around the rooms and was panicking when she turned on the light in the last room - and froze. Along with the lights, music came on - her favorite tune on the violin.

Jake was here, but he looked like it... unusual. His hair was too combed, and he was wearing a snowhite shirt. He smiled and took a step toward her.

"Happy birthday, my princess," he said, and touched the back of his hand with his lips. "May I ask you to dance?"

"Oh no," she took a step back. "No, no, no."

A few more steps, then she slammed the door in his face.

"Annie?" Jake asked, looking out into the hallway.

She stood with her eyes closed and her fists clenched. Jake ran his fingers through his hair out of habit. After all, he did everything with Annie's interests and Jessica's advice in mind. Then why was she reacting like this?

"Please get out. I want to go back to the world where my Jake-hedgehog is waiting in his unique hoodie, want his hug."

"But why?.."

"Because I love him, not the stranger you suddenly turned into today."

She opened her eyes and looked at Jake, noticing that his cheeks were slightly flushed.

"Annie, you're adorable, you know?" with a soft smile, Jake walked over to her, gave her a quick kiss on the forehead, and put his arm around her shoulders in a completely awkward way. "Happy birthday, little key."

She hugged him back and smiled. Maybe, birthday - not worst holiday, if spent it with her lovely hacker.