Jake's hidden talent (Jake x MC)

The investigation was gaining momentum, becoming more and more dangerous. What at first seemed like empty threats became much more real. When "the body in the forest" turned into a dead Duskwood girl whose disappearance raised a lot of questions", the case of Hannah began to play with new depressing colors. Lilith's nerves were strained to the limit, and she flinched at every sound, as if she feared that even in her town, which was a few miles from Duskwood, a mysterious kidnapper, his accomplice, or one of Jake's pursuers might find her and try to punish her for her involvement in the case or for covering for a wanted hacker, without even knowing what he was so guilty of. In such an atmosphere, taking a break seemed, on the one hand, unwise, but on the other - necessary.

Lilith even wanted to turn off the phone and forget about Duskwood and everything connected with it for a few hours, but her conscience was biting into her soul and into her already tense nerves. The minute-by-minute expectation of bad news weighed heavily on her shoulders. What would she do if something else terrible happened to the guys or Hannah because she intervened, because she didn't quit from game when she had the chance? Now everything has gone too far, and the way back has disappeared without a trace under the mountain of problems and troubles that have already happened. Lilith didn't know the answer to that question.

Now she did everything she could for the guys. She couldn't find any new leads on the case, and her brain was seething from rearranging the rows of code, so she decided that she could still afford a short break. Nothing will happen if she doesn't turn off her mobile phone, will it? There was only one thing to take care of.

Taking out an old makeup pencil, she wrote the hashtag #IamJake on her hand. Looked - made sure that the inscription looks good with a tattoo - a real heart - she checked the vpn settings and posted a photo from the previously empty profile. The idea seemed dubious to her - well, it was unlikely that Jake's pursuers would believe in this farce with a hashtag. But if there is even a one percent chance that it will help him...

The phone started to vibrate at exactly the moment when she went in to get a cup of strong tea, and she mentally said goodbye to the rest. Because if it's someone from the chat, something must have happened. And there's an 80% chance that it's something bad. Taking a sip of tea, she unlocked the secure messenger and froze. After the events of the past few days, this was the last chat she expected to see.

Jake, who had disappeared in the middle of their conversation.

Jake, who confessed who he was by setting up a quest, the prize of which was a video.

And this man was just texting her now. Torn by anger - how could he do this? - and joy - how good it is that he is all right! - she opened the chat and started reading the messages.

Jake, 17:05:

Hello, Lilith.

You, 17:07:

I don't even know how I should react. But I'm glad to see you online again

Jake, 17:07:

Forgive me. I...

I shouldn't have left you alone.

This is my mistake.

You, 17: 08:

Hey, hey... Don't get so upset. I'm all right personally

She decided that there was no way in the world that she would tell him about all her emotions, experiences, and worries. Lilith had a good sense of emotion through the messages, and now she could tell with absolute certainty that the emotions had overwhelmed him, he was drowning in this wave of regret and guilt, and Lilith could either pull him to shore or drown him. And although she never liked the role of the savior of other people's souls - even gave up the family profession - she preferred the first variant.