You're just in love (Hannah, Jake x MC)

If the tension could be discerned by the human eye, they would definitely see lightning flickering in a locked room and sparks flying, scorching the space.

Hannah leaned back against the wall near the big window. She was shivering slightly, as if from the cold, and she was wrapping up in the long jacket Jake had borrowed a few minutes ago. She tried to convince herself that she was just cold, that her nerves weren't shaken, that they weren't crumbling like old wood after all the events she'd been through.

Jake was sitting on the couch, his ankles crossed, pulling on the sleeves of his sweatshirt, trying to hide his bruised knuckles. He looked away, looking at the walls and the small objects on the table, the photographs of the Donforts and Thomas smiling happily. Anywhere but Hannah.

"Lilly can be very persistent sometimes," Hannah finally said, glancing at the door.

"Yes, and so does Annie," Jake said.

There's nothing better than proven of years techniques - Lilly and Annie decided, and simply locked them in the same room, promising they will have freedom after they had talked. The conversation doesn't work. Jake knew his sister and his little key were trying to do, and he knew he had to start a conversation. He understood, but he couldn't. Imagine how Hannah would react to his story, which would probably alienate him now that they were finally together...

"Jake, listen, I'm..."

"Hannah, it's not you who should start this, it's just..." he closed his eyes, gathering his thoughts. Hannah crossed the room and sat down on the couch next to him. Now she could see his unusually long lashes fluttering.

"Why are you so worry, dear Jake?"

He glancing at her smiling face for a moment. Hannah spoke of it with such genuine kindness, as if she wasn't angry at him at all. But "dear Jake" wasn't really what she was supposed to call him. The man who disappeared from her life when he heard the confession without explaining anything. The man who had betrayed her, when all he really wanted was to do best. This mistake of his was one of the reasons for everything that happened.

"That's not what you should call me."

"You're being too hard on yourself. Learn to let go of the little things from the past."

"Little things?"

"Little things Jake," Hannah smiled and gently touched his shoulder. Jake flinched. "I don't resent you. They did this for some other reason, didn't they?"

He nodded.

"There's something I should have told you back then, but... I couldn't."

He was acting strangely - though how could Hannah know how he usually behaved? Maybe it just didn't fit the image that had formed in her head. For a long time he collected his thoughts, frowning, as if slightly biting his lower lip and clenching his fists. He was muttering something so low and fast that she couldn't understand it, even sitting so close. She run her hand over his shoulder again.

"Look, you can trust me. Whatever it is, I won't treat you any worse. I promise."

Jake sighed.

"During the investigation, I told Lilly and MC about the real connection between you and me. And now they want you to know, too. Hannah..."

He paused again, taking a deep breath.

"Yes?"

"I'm your and Lilly's half-brother."

Now it was Hannah who shivered. When he tried to touch her – she staggered back and jumped to her feet. She went back to the window.

"So..."