Chapter 4 (Selina's POV)

"Are we there yet," Isolde asked as we all battled against the blowing, cold wind.

About twenty minutes ago, we were informed that Itzel and her troops have managed to find one of the hidden Domicters, magically sealed boxes that are used to store important secrets that happened long ago since it was easy to forget things when they had happened ages ago. Isolde, Cressida, Astra, Linus, and I were all sent to protect the Domicter and prevent whomever was searching for it from retrieving it. I hardened my grasp around the little device that we were supposed to use for calling our teleporter, Linnett, so that she could get us out of here.

"Mr. White said that when we were close I would be able to sense it, so far I have nothing," I replied, using the nickname we have given our Leader since of course his eyes appeared white in the completely black room.

All the rest groaned behind me , and I couldn't blame them. Though I was grateful for the fiery aura that surrounded our bodies and kept us warm, which were created by Cyan before we left, I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that they let us come here alone. Moments later, we heard something crash to the ground ahead of us. The crash sent a shock through the ground, making it shake violently beneath us. I tried to stay standing, but eventually fell to the ground, my grasp loosening on the device as it rolled away from me. Once the shaking was over, we all got to our feet and looked around, still dazed. I snapped out of it and quickly wanted to search for the small object I dropped, which was our only way home. After minutes of searching, I didn;t find anything.

"Ummm....guys, I think I lost the device," I said slowly.

There was a few minutes of silence as the news sunk in. They all looked at me in a way that made me feel horrible about all of this.

"What do you mean you lost it," Cressida asked, her voice rising in anger.

I didn't reply, afraid that saying it again will make all of them shout at me. Isolde touched Cressida's arm, "Calm down."

"I can't calm down! The device was our only way home," Cressida bellowed again.

I looked over at Astra and Linus, who hadn't said a word. They were on their knees, scraping the ice that covered the ground in search for the device. I bent down and started searching as well, trying not to look at Cressida. As I dug my hands in the snow, my mind wandered to the crash we heard. What had crashed there? Was it caused naturally or by one of the teams who supposedly went to find our Domiceter? Seconds later, I caught Cressida and Isolde from the corner of my eye bending down, making an effort in helping us. When a long while had passed, we all gave up and stood.

"I didn't find anything. Did you," Astra asked softly.

The rest of us all shook our heads, and I felt like something hard had punched me in the gut. I looked at my feet and didn't dare utter a word.

"It is not your fault," Isolde said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Let us just try finding the Domiceter," I said and turned to continue walking.

I could tell all of them were eyeing me, But I acted like I didn't notice. We continued walking in complete silence until I felt something, like a buzzing at the back of my head. Not knowing what else it could be, I decided that this was a sign that we were getting close to the magical box. I was glad that we found it, but then again, what good will that do for us? It is not like the box can teleport us back to where we came from. I motioned for the rest to follow me as I headed toward what felt like the source of the buzzing. At last, we reached an ice covered stone, with nothing special at all.

"What exactly are we looking at," Linus asked, confused.

I shrugged my shoulders, not trusting my voice. I crouched down and tried to search for anything that indicated something magical was buried here, much like the way I did when I was searching for something to get into the secret hideout back in The Ancient Forest. This thought brought back memories, but I pushed them all aside, for now wasn't the best time to think about things that happened before. Once my hand touched the ice cover, it sizzled and immediately melted, courtesy of my fiery aura. My fingers brushed against the stone before I could draw my hand away, and a small box the size of my palm appeared out of the snow covered ground.

"I guess we found it," Isolde said, no excitement in her voice.

I looked over the box with intricate carvings for a while, before deciding to tuck it into my coat. I could probably find a way to open it, but I didn't think that Mr. White would like us snooping around ancient secrets. I got back on my feet and turned to face my friends, hoping that any of them would speak and tell us "I found a way out.". Unfortunately, there was nothing of that sort....at all.