Four

Adalina's POV

I scrambled as I got things together before meeting up with Brenden. It was Monday just around noon and I agreed to meet up with him for lunch. It's completely innocent. Getting to know the neighbor. Because he does live right across from me. Still pretty upset about what Chloe told me last night. I understand that he pushed her away but the fact that it still happened hurts.

My door bell rings and I open it to find Brenden with some flowers. I lightly smile, "flowers?" I asked.

"Flowers for a beautiful girl." He smiled handing them to me.

I grabbed them, "come in. I'm gonna put them in a vase."

He walks in looking around as I put the flowers in water.

My phone then begins to ring. It was a phone call from Christian Pulisic.

"Hello?" I said through the phone

"Hey I just wanted to check in and ask what you were up to today?"

"Oh I'm actually about to head out to lunch with a friend."

"Oh dang and later tonight for dinner?"

"I have lecture tonight."

I heard him sign, "I guess we can try again tomorrow?"

"Yeah for sure. Don't y'all have a game here tomorrow?"

"Yes! Are you coming?" He asked

"I mean maybe not sure Chloe hasn't said anything. And I don't have a ticket and it's probably sold out now."

"I can get you a ticket and mase can get Chloe one."

"Okay I will call phone and ask."

"Okay and maybe after dinner?" He asked impatiently

"We will see because I have an exam Thursday. So I need study time." I giggled.

"Okay okay I'll keep bugging you later."

"Alright bye." I said

"Bye".

Then I hung up the phone, "I'm sorry about that." I smiled at Brendan and lead him out the door.

"No worries. Not to be purposely eavesdropping but you have a friend on the Chelsea team?"

"Yeah" I smiled, "are you a fan?"

"Kinda of but not really."

"Ahh well they are my favorite." I smile

We drove off to the cafe we are having lunch and let me tell you it was the most awkward car ride I ever had. He would ask questions but they were the most basic questions. Like he asked me what my favorite color was. I just sat there awkwardly.

"So umm you say your a transfer student?" He asked

"Yes"

"That must be nice would you like to come back after you graduate?"

"Maybe sure why not" I giggled

The date then got even more awkward when the food arrived because there was no conversation. We just ate and stared at each other.

The date as a whole was all awkward. Yes he's handsome but man doesn't know how to carry on a conversation. I tried my part and was open minded to this whole lunch date. But there is nothing there. Or at least I don't see it, this could also be me being blinded because I like Christian which is a thought that I'm trying to get rid of.