Thirty One

Adalina's POV

Christian's and I's relationship was still in the healing stages. And within these stages, we would get caught up and mess it up and would have to start all over again. 

The moment of the break-up was the moment that the injury happened. It formed a red bruise which caused oxygen-rich blood under the skin to cause the bruise appearance. These were the days following the break-up. Not fully accepting it happened and going back to each other even though we knew it was a bad idea. During this stage was when we had sex that one night, and when he was filled with jealousy. 

A Few weeks to months after depending on how bad the initial injury was, the bruise started to form into a dark red bruise. When the blood darkens as it loses oxygen. During this time we were both doing our own thing and just trying to survive. 

The healing stage formed green edges around the initial injury. This was the first stage of the healing through the breakdown of hemoglobin. This allowed us time to breathe and live without each other to reflect back on the relationship to see what truly went wrong, to hopefully one day make our future relationships not repeat these. 

A few days later after these green edges formed the initial injury turned dark purple. This is when no oxygen in blood red cells begin breaking down and iron is released into the area. During this time we explored others within our lives but still had each other at the back of our minds. Also, was the first time we've seen each other since the breakup which cause some tense scenes. 

The last stage before the bruise fades away and you can finally move on was when a yellow edge forms. This is caused by the breakdown of bilirubin. This is normally the final stage before the bruise fades away, but it wasn't necessarily the last step for us. 

We would repeatedly hurt each other over and over again, not letting either fully heal from the initial injury. Last night set us back a few steps. Christian as always was super sweet, loving, and caring. But things escalated quickly and before we knew it we were back, laying in his bed as he gently touched every part of my body as we both reached our high. The sex was amazing, it never disappoints, being in his arms and falling asleep next to him made me feel safe, but waking up at 2 am to text blowing up his phone and seeing a girl named Oliv :) send him multiple texts and phone calls was alarming. And this was what brought me back a few steps. 

The next morning he didn't seem very different. He would grab my waist and press his lips on mine. As if he didn't know that I knew about his other girl. Or maybe I'm overreacting, but then again it was 2 am who calls and texts multiple times at that time of hour? So as he made breakfast I gathered my thoughts and stayed silent and just nodded at his requests. 

As he finished grabbing the last set of muffins and jam, out of nowhere I blurted out, "Why was Oliv smiley face blowing up your phone last night at 2 am?"

His face went straight and looked like he had to think of something quick. He signed, "She's the friend that came that other day, the one at the fair."

I took a minute to think and try to not freak out, "Oh so that girl you told me not to worry about?" I laughed.

He looked down at the plate before handing me it, "she's just a friend. She isn't anything to worry about."

"She's calling you at 2 am." 

"She was having problems with a friend of hers."

"oh so now you're a therapist?"

He runs to his room quickly and runs back, "here look through the messages." He said as he placed the phone in front of me, "the passcode is 091810" 

I shook my head, "No."

"Then trust me." He said as he walked in front of me, "If you want me to get rid of her, I will. I just want you to trust me. So just say the word." he said as he cupped my face.

I shook my head, "No, I also don't want to control you. It's just hard for me to fully trust you cause I'm scared."

He signed and then picked up his phone. His thumbs moving quickly and gliding through his screen, "I send her a message saying that I'm with you. To leave me alone and took her off everything." 

"I told you not to." 

"I know you did,  but I did it anyway and it was my decision and I feel so damn good about it," he said as he placed his plate in front of him and we began eating.

--

Later that afternoon, Christian took me over to my place because I was missing my bed. He begged to stay the night so, I gave in and told him yes. We sat down on the couch watching the first harry potter film. Before we got to my place, we picked up various snacks. 

"You are really pretty," Christian mumbles, "How have I never noticed your freckles before?" He asks, with half a chuckle as he reached for my face. 

"Your eyes were distracted by other shiny things." 

"No," he shook his head, "I'm always looking at you. How can I not? You're the prettiest thing that walks into every room," he confesses, as he moved closer to me. I could feel his breath on my neck. 

"Do you talk like this to all your friends?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"No, but you know we are more than friends, and you know that deep down, and last night definitely proved it. And me not wanting to leave you alone while you are hurt shows that." 

I finally turned my head to face his. He hasn't paid attention to the movie and now I can't either when he sweet talks me. Our faces were inches apart. I pulled him closer to me by tugging on the front of his shirt, but I didn't kiss him. No, not yet. As he tries to kiss me, I taunt him by moving my head. "What?" I asked him a question, lifting my brows as he grins.

"You're a tease." He said smiling.

I lightly chuckled, "So are you gonna kiss me or what?" 

Christian doesn't waste much time, slamming his lips on mine before I can tease him any further. When he kissed his life partner, he was advised to anticipate fireworks, but those lips set his entire chest on fire. My hands go to grab his face as I kiss him back with the goofiest of expressions tugging on his lips and hair. His hands quickly handled my body with care as he laid me down and he got on top. Our lips moved softly in unison, his mouth perfectly fitting against mine as we told one another everything we felt only with this one kiss.