Chapter 8

The next few weeks hadn't gone by well. Ron and Hermione would ignore him, especially Ron. The first task was in November and he had no idea what it was.

Lately Seamus and Harry had been staying with him to keep him company. Right now they were at the Black Lake and Seamus was in the water looking at plants.

"Amazing, amazing!" Seamus repeated.

"Seamus, you're doing it again." Neville said.

"Oh, right sorry." he said.

"Rare types of magical plants?" Harry said.

"Professor Moody gave it to me. That there day we had tea." he said.

Then they heard something.

"Why don't you just tell him yourself?"

When they got there Hermione walked up to them.

"Ronald would like me to tell you, that Ginny told him that Dean was told by Pervaty that, Hagrid is looking for you." Hermione said.

"Is that right? Well, what?" Neville said confused.

"Uh," she looked at Ron again and then came back. "Dean was told by Pervaty that- please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid is looking for you." Hermione said.

"Well you can tell Ronald-" he started.

"I'm not an owl!" Hermione snapped and they left.

A few hours later Neville and Harry were with Hagrid.

"You brings your father's cloak I asked you Harry?" Hagrid said.

"Yeah we brought the cloak. Hagrid what's going on?" he asked.

"Sorry about keeping secrets from you."

"What's with the flower? Hagrid have you combed your hair?!" Harry said in shock.

"A matter of fact I have. Might wanna try the same thing now and again."

Neville started to laugh.

"Like that's possible."

Harry glared at him.

"What? You're pretty much a mini uncle James."

Suddenly they heard something.

"Come on." he said.

While they walked a little more they both were quiet.

"Hagrid?" someone said.

"Oh, the cloak, put the cloak on." he said. So they put it on and watched. "What's more a lad?"

"Oh Hagrid I thought you weren't coming. I thought you had, forgotten me." Madame Maxim said.

"Forget you?"

Harry and Neville looked at each other and stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"Ulg." they said together.

"What is it you wanted to see me? When you spoke of it earlier you sounded so, exhilarated."

"You'll be glad you came, trust me."

Then he moved a branch and saw dragons.

"Blast e manifest! Can we get closer?" She got closer.

"Dragons? That's the first task? You're joking!" Neville said taking the top of his cloak off.

Harry stood there in shock.

"Come on Neville, dragons aren't that bad." Suddenly fire came to them. "Although, I have to admit, the Hungarian Horntail is a nasty beast."