Chapter 7

A few days later an owl appeared and was next to him. He took out the paper and opened it.

Neville,

We didn't want to risk using Hedwig. The minister would recognize her. One of us wants to talk Harry, face to face. Meet us in the common room at one, and make sure you're alone. Sorry it had to be so late. We feel it would be better.

Aunt Lily and uncle James

Then suddenly the owl bit his finger.

"Ah!"

PS. The bird bites.

He put it in his mouth for a second to clean it up.

"Ah."

Later that at one he got downstairs as told.

"Aunt Lily? Uncle James?"

Then he saw the paper and read some of it. Then he threw it into the fire.

"Pst!"

He turned around.

"Pst!"

He bent down and then a face appeared.

"Aunt Lily!"

"Let's get this straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name in the goblet of fire?"

"No!"

"Sh. I had to ask just to check. You need to be careful this year because Hogwarts isn't safe enough."

"What are you saying?"

"There's another Death Eater inside the wall, not one like Sev. Igor Karkaroff, he was a Death Eater. And no one, aside from Sev stops being a Death Eater. People can die in this tournament so please be as careful as you can."

He swallowed and shook his hand.

"I'm not ready for this aunt Lily, I'm not strong enough either! Harry would be able to do it though."

"We're sorry Neville but you don't have a choice."

Then they heard someone.

"Someone's coming."

"Keep your friends close Neville."

Then Ron appeared.

"Who were you talking to? I heard voices."

"Maybe you were imagining things, wouldn't be the first time."

"Just practicing for the next interview I expect."

Then he turned around and went back upstairs.

When Ron was gone he turned around and saw she was gone.