Chapter~16

Zenitsu POV-

Where... am I?

Where is Nezuko-chan...

Where is everyone?

Nezuko-Chan...

"NEZUKO-CHAN!"

"Calm down Zenitsu... Calm down,"

"T-Tanjiro..." I begin. "We have to find her. We have to get Nezuko-chan away from him," I shout, anger starting to corrupt my voice.

"I know we have to find her, me and Inosuke are working on that. But we have to make sure you're okay first," He explains. Tanjiro may look like he did before the incident, but his eyes... 

They tell an entirely different story.

"Monitsu! You're finally awake!" 

"How long do I have to stay in bed? Can I get out today?" I frantically shout. 

"You can't get out of bed for at least a couple more days Zenitsu," Aoi says as she walks into the infirmary. 

"A c-couple of days?! B-But Nezuko-chan doesn't have that long to wait! Kaigaku will for sure put her in some sort of harm in that timespan!" I protest, now trying to get off the bed. I feel my shoulder cry out in pain as I try to stand up straight. Lifting up the sleeve of my gown, I discover that my left shoulder is bandaged up, and slightly soaked in blood.

"You have to rest right now Monitsu! In order for us to find and rescue Mezuko, we all have to be in peak condition! If you're gonna go out and look for her right after being shot, you could possibly end up in danger as well!" Inosuke argues as he nudges me back to my bed.

"Inosuke is right, we can't be looking for Nezuko while you're injured," Tanjiro says. "At least not you. Me and Inosuke are planning to head out to search for her. Do you have any idea where Kaigaku could have went?"

"I have a pretty good idea of where he brought her."

Nezuko POV-

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

"Finally awake eh?"

"W-What do you want from me?" I ask, my voice shaky and coarse. At this point, my eyes are covered by a piece of cloth wrapped around my head. A few moments later, Kaigaku removes the cloth that hindered my eyesight. 

I open my eyes to find myself in a dank room shrouded with darkness. My arms and legs are restrained as I'm tied to a chair. It was almost like I was being interrogated for some sort of crime.

I see Kaigaku slowly approach me. He coldly whispers in my ear, "I'll take everything from you,"

"W-Where am I?! Why are you d-doing this!" I plead as I become more and more agitated. I'm still scared for my life, but I'm not going to let this bastard hold me hostage without a struggle.