Cap1: Hopeless

It all started that damn day in the damn place. If I remember correctly it was in February of 1992 as usual from my bedroom window I saw a patrol, all day that the wheel had turned on the siren, right outside my house, the noise was deafening. Across the street there were gangsta, all wore blue robes. One of them wore a hat on which was depicted a snake, symbol of gang Clainds. I would never have dared to cross the street at night.

Despite the obvious group gangsta policeman continued to ignore them, aware of their belonging to the powerful gang, whose leader was a "friend" of the governor of California.

From my window I could see all the colors, but the thing that I loved the most was watching Samantha. Her house was right from 'the other side of the street, it was out of his apartment which usually were the gangsta.

His father was a big piece of Clainds and no one dared to approach her, I had chosen to love the wrong girl.

My house was a dump, a house that was falling apart, with two small rooms and a bathroom.

My mother died six years ago and my father was an alcoholic, we needed money and 'only was I able to work. I worked in a bakery in downtown Los Angeles; a chore from peanuts, which for us, however, were indispensable.

In the ghetto was surrounded by friends, drug dealers and robbers.

My best friend was just out of juvenile prison for bullying, was with him that I spent the evenings, he aspired to be a gangsta in every respect to get respect all 'inside of the ghetto, the contraio I dreamed of moving and escape this life, but my dream seemed ever more distant; nothing around me strengthened my desire, I saw only drugs and guns in my neighborhood, and there were few possibilities to get out of

that 'ambiete from my point of view lousy.

But back to us, I said it all started in February 1992, were more or less five in the afternoon when the bastard of my employer after working with him for three years he decided to fire me to give my place to another guy , was the son of a rich man looking for a job to learn, an apprentice in fact.

Despite living in a stately mansion in Beverly Hills, the father wanted his son to learn to get by making teaching a trade.

That day I came home and I saw the same things out of the window, this I distressed, I realized that I had no hope.

After a few days my father was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, in addition was in possession of a few grams of coke, I was alone and without money, a sixteen year old black man in the suburbs, I had no more ambition.

That same evening I was in the car with

l 'friend I mentioned before, Scrutch.

He asked me to accompany him from the nearest clothing store, all 'beginning I thought he wanted to shop, but when I put a balaclava realized that his intentions were other. We entered the shop, Scrutch pulled out a gun and pointed it at the shopkeeper who immediately inserted all the money earned during the day to 'inside of a bag. I had been involved in something that I never thought to do a robbery.

Scrutch gave me a part of 'collection, I spettarono $ 500; nin had never earned so much in a single day in my life. The shopkeeper alert the police of the theft, they began to look for us in the ghetto, and fortunately I Scrutch found refuge from his uncle out of town for the night.