1

A flash of bright green light nearly blinded me, terror coursing through my veins. Then, another flash of green light, this one brighter.            

                                                                                                                                                                                                         I bolted awake with a scream, before remembering it was just a dream and that I was still at home.

"Char! Are you okay?" my Aunt Violet came bursting into the room, wand at the ready. Her hair was already done and she was already dressed for the day.

"I'm fine. It was just the usual nightmare, aunty. I'm sorry I startled you." I assured her, as she started rubbing my arm with her hand.

"Do you want to talk about it? It could help." she asked with a gentle, soft, voice.

I absentmindedly scratched at the lightning shaped scar on my wrist. "It was just the same one as always. The one with the green light. The scar's hurting again though. Other than that, I'm fine."

"As long as you're sure you're absolutely fine. There's a letter outside for you." Aunt Violet told me and I gasped.

"Is it my Hogwarts letter?" I ask excitedly, instantly forgetting about the dream as she smiles.

"As a matter of fact, it is." Aunt Violet confirms and I squeal.

"Finally!"

She left the room so I could get dressed in private, closing the door with a soft click. I quickly chose an outfit for today, excited that I could finally go to Hogwarts.

"Here you are, love. Your Hogwarts letter." my aunt said, handing me an envelope as soon as I sat down, a plate full of pancakes at my seat. It was thick and heavy and addressed in bright green ink to: Miss C. Potter.

Suddenly, one of my aunts wife's friend, flooed in through our fireplace. "Arthur! How good to see you! Is everything alright?" she asked, seeing the panicked look on his face.

He glanced at me for a second before he went over to her, the both of them talking in low voices before Mr. Weasley left again.

"Sorry, Charlotte. It looks like we won't be celebrating your birthday for a while. We're going to go to the Leaky Cauldron."

"The Leaky Cauldron? Why?" I ask, confused.

"Your brother ran away from the Dursleys. Come, we'll apparate there." she told me, and I took a hold of her arm before she apparated us to the Leaky Cauldron.

When we got there, my aunt got a room for me and payed, before something caught her eye.

It was a wanted poster of a man. He had long black hair and a sunken, angry face. His moving portrait yelling at the camera. Underneath him were the words: Sirius BLack, Most Wanted.

 "Sirius Black? He's escaped from Azkaban?" Aunt Violet asked the innkeeper, face pale.

"Yes. Dementors are searching for him everywhere."

She tore away her eyes from the poser. "Oh."

We followed the toothless old man in silence the rest of the way to my room. At the door, he handed me my key, and bowed me inside before shuffling off. I took a look around the room. It was small, but it was neat and clean. A bed, a dresser, a desk, and a chair were all that was in there, plus the door that lead to a small bathroom.

"Harry's right next door to you." my aunt said, setting my stuff down before checking her watch. "Oh shoot, I'm almost late to work. Whatever you do, stay in diagon alley or in this room. Go find your brother first. Tell him I'm sorry I couldn't say hello to him. I'll be seeing you at the train station to see you off." she said before kissing the top of my head, and leaving the room.

I sighed, but noticed a person walking past the door. A very familiar boy.

"Harry!" I shouted, startling him.

He grinned when he saw me in the room and rushed in, giving me a hug. "Charlotte! What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"Aunt Violet heard you ran away so she dropped me off here, before she left for work. She said she's sorry she couldn't see you today, but we'll be seeing her when we leave for Hogwarts." I explained and he nodded.

"I can't believe you're going to be starting out at Hogwarts this year!"

"Neither can I! It's going to be a year to remember though!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did feel free to vote and comment! I hope you have a great rest of your morning/afternoon/night :-)