5

Harry and his friends walked with me to where a giant man with large bushy hair was calling for the first years to come to him. "Hi Hagrid!" Harry says, smiling.

Hagrid looked at them, smiling. "Blimey! Look at you all! You've grown since I've last saw you!" Hagrid says.

"It's great to see you again, Hagrid!" Ron said to him. "It's great to see you three again too!" Hagrid replied before looking over Harry's shoulder. "And who's this little mite?"

Harry turned and gently pulled me next to him "This is my sister, Charlotte." Harry said. Hagrid's eyes widen in shock.

"Blimey! Look at you, Charlotte! The last time I saw you, you was barely a couple months old! Now look at you!"

I blushed, smiling at him. "I'm sure these three will make you feel right at home." Hagrid states

"Oh we will, Hagrid!" Hermione said smiling at me.

"I hope you three don't mind, but Charlotte has to come with me now since she's a first year." Hagrid says to Harry and his friends.

Harry nods his head. "Of course Hagrid." Harry then turned to look at me. "You're going to stay here with Hagrid and wait with everyone else. I'll see you after the sorting ok?" Harry said to me and I nodded in understanding.

"I think we all know you'll be sorted into Gryffindor like all of us." Hermione states. Ron nods. "There's no doubt about that." he says in agreement.

Harry smiles, before kissing my forehead and leaving with Hermione and Ron. I suddenly feel a slight emptiness inside of me as I watch the trio leave before I feel a pat on my shoulder. Looking up, I see Hagrid smiling down at me.

"Don't worry lass. You'll be safe with me. Now, come over here so you won't get trampled on by other students." he says, chuckling.

I stand with the other first years, finally spotting my friends from before. I smile and walk over to them. "Charlotte!" Lindsay exclaims and my friends turn around. "How are you doing?" she asks when I get to the group. "Brilliant. I was in the Hospital carriage." I explained.

"We know. We heard Draco shouting for help." Jake said. Out of the corner of my eye she saw the twins get off the train. I smile slightly and give them a small wave. They grin back at me, give me a thumbs up before mouthing "Gryffindor!" before leaving.

Once the majority of the older students had left and the platform was clear, Hagrid counted the third years before nodding. 

"All right! Everyone's here. Now come follow me to the boats." He said and started to walk. We continue to talk all the way until we reach the boats. "Four to a boat!" Hagrid calls out. Arya smirks before turning to her brother.  "Sorry, but you'll have to find other people to ride with." she said and he rolled his eyes before leaving.

The four got in the boat together and and they were rowed across the water to the castle. I was amazed at how majestic the castle was, but also nervous, knowing I would get lost in the huge castle I would be calling my home.

We soon arrived at the castle and stopped in front of a short man who lead us inside the Great Hall.

It was beautiful inside of there, the ceiling looking like the night sky, with candles hanging from the ceiling. There were four tables with another one looking down at all four tables with teachers sitting there.

The sorting hat sang a song before the man, began calling out our names in alphabetical order. Lindsay and Samantha had both been sorted into Gryffindor, while Jake and Arya were sorted into Slytherin.

Finally she called my name. "Potter, Charlotte." I nervously walked up slowly, and sat down. I heard whispers about my name, as the hat tried to figure out where to put me.

"Ooh! Another Potter, it's easy enough to find that bravery will guide you." a voice said in her mind before shouting out "Gryffindor!" I smiled and handed the hat to Professor Flitwick who gave me a smile before I made my way to the Gryffindor table.

I shared a smile with Ron, Lindsay, Samantha and the twins before paying back attention to the sorting, wondering my brother was.

Soon enough, Harry and Hermione sat down on either side of Ron. When Harry noticed me, we exchanged bright smiles before Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster stood up to speak.

The Headmaster looked very old, but radiated a great amount of energy. He had several feet of long silver hair and beard, half-moon spectacles, and an extremely crooked nose.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another
year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think
it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you will all be aware after their search of the
Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban,
who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

I shuddered at the thought, remembering what Professor Lupin had said about the Dementors.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they
are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors
are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises — or even Invisibility Cloaks," he added blandly, and
Harry and Ron glanced at each other. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand
pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm
you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs
afoul of the Dementors," he said.

Percy, who was sitting a few seats down from my brother, puffed out his chest again and stared
around impressively. Dumbledore paused again; he looked very seriously around the hall, and
nobody moved or made a sound.

"On a happier note," he continued, "I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this
year.

"First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark
Arts teacher."

There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic applause. I had a bright smile when he was introduced and clapped hard. Professor Lupin looked particularly shabby next to all the other teachers in their best robes.

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued as the lukewarm applause for
Professor Lupin died away. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of
Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his
remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than
Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping
duties."

Some applause began again and the trio were the last to stop clapping. "Well, I think that's everything of importance," said Dumbledore. "Let the feast begin!"

The golden plates and goblets before them filled suddenly with food and drink. My eyes widened in surprise before the three new gryffindor girls exchanged smiles and dug in. It was a delicious feast; the hall echoed with talk, laughter, and the clatter of knives and forks.

When every student and staff in the Great Hall had their belly's full, Dumbledore finally dismissed us to go to bed

The first years all followed their Prefects up to a portrait of a singing lady, but she wouldn't let us in, without the password.

Finally, after a while of waiting, Percy, gave the password, and we split off to our dorms, finally finding the comforts of Hogwarts.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Feel free to vote and comment! Have a great rest of your day!