2

It took me and Harry several days to get used to this new freedom. We could get up whenever we wanted, and eat whatever food we fancied. We could also go anywhere we pleased just as long as it was in Diagon Alley.  It was during our last few days that we were staying in Diagon Alley when I met a boy that would change my life forever. 

I had insisted to Harry that I could buy my own school supplies, but he still took me into Gringotts Wizarding Bank. After that we had split off, after promising I'd meet him back at the Ice Cream shop. 

First I had walked up to Madame Malkin's Robes for all occasions, where she fitted me into new robes. Then I had gotten my potion supplies, and last I had gotten my school books. I left the book store, arms laden with stuff.

I was so full of thoughts of Hogwarts, I jumped when somebody touched my shoulder. 

"Do you need any help with that?"

I gasped, and tripped.

My bags tumbled out of my arms, but the person caught me before I hit the ground. They set me back on my feet, steadying me before I was able to turn to see who it was. I was met with a boy with blonde hair and silver grey eyes. He was toned and athletic and his jawline was defined.

"Oh,umm... hi," I said awkwardly, pulling away from him and scrambling to collect my things.

"Here, let me help. Where are you going with these?" he asked, stooping over and grabbing about half of my bags.

"I have a room in the Leaky Cauldron for a day." I answer. "I'll help you carry these to your room." he states. "Thanks a lot."

We walked in silence to my room, where we dumped all of my school supplies onto the bed. Afterwards, we stood there awkwardly trying to decided what to say.

"Thanks for the help," I told him finally. "I never would of made it back here without it, you know."

He laughed, a soft low sound that was pleasant to my ears.

"No problem. I figured with everything you were carrying, you'd trip sooner or later. So I decided to offer my assistance before you fell. " he smiled.

I looked up at him through my long lashes and gave him a soft smile, then returned to putting my new school supplies in my trunk.

"So, um what's your name?" I ask. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." the boy answered. I looked at my watch on my wrist before jumping up.

"Shoot, I've got to go. My brother's waiting for me at the ice cream shop!" I exclaimed. "Who's your brother?" Draco Malfoy asked as he stood up.

"Harry Potter." I answered as I closed the door and I could have sworn his smile fell, almost immediately. "Well um bye, and thanks for your help." I said awkwardly. "Yeah," he replied and I rushed out of the room and to the ice cream shop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the ice cream shop was in view, I saw Harry looking around anxiously while tapping his foot. I jogged up to him and he sighed in relief.

"Harry I know I'm late, and I'm sorry. A boy helped me carry my stuff to my room and I didn't realize the time." I apologized.

He sighed. "It's alright. Who helped you?" Harry replied. "A boy named Draco Malfoy." I answered.

Harry sighed. "You should stay away from him at Hogwarts. He and his family are nothing but trouble." I nodded slowly.

"Harry! HARRY!"I heard his name being called out by two people.

They were there, both of them, sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor —a red headed boy, and a brown bushy haired girl, both waving frantically at Harry.

"Finally!" said the boy, grinning at Harry as he sat down. "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and —"

"I got all my school stuff last week," Harry explained. "And how come you knew we were staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"We?" Ron asked confused. Harry Pointed at me and I waved shyly at the pair. "This is my sister, Charlotte. She's starting Hogwarts this year." Harry explained. "Charlotte, this is Hermione."

She shook my hand and I sat down.

"Dad," said Ron simply, answering Harry's question.

"Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" said Hermione in a very serious voice.

"I didn't mean to," said Harry, while Ron roared with laughter. "I just —lost control."

"It's not funny, Ron," said Hermione sharply. "Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."

"So am I," admitted Harry. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested." He looked at Ron. "Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?"

"Probably 'cause it's you, isn't it?" shrugged Ron, still chuckling. "Famous Harry Potter and all that. I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to me if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me. Anyway, you can ask Dad yourself this evening. We're staying at the Leaky Cauldron tonight too! So you can come to King's Cross with us tomorrow! Hermione's there as well!"

Hermione nodded, beaming. "Mum and Dad dropped me off this morning with all my Hogwarts things."

"Excellent!" said Harry. "So, have you got all your new books and stuff?"

"Look at this," said Ron, pulling a long thin box out of a bag and opening it. "Brand-new wand. Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair. And we've got all our books —" He pointed at a large bag under his chair. "What about those Monster Books, eh? The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted two."

"What's all that, Hermione?" Harry asked, pointing at not one but three bulging bagsin the chair next to her.

"Well, I'm taking more new subjects than you, aren't I," said Hermione. "Those are my books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, the Study of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies —"

"What are you doing Muggle Studies for?" said Ron, rolling his eyes at Harry. "You're Muggleborn! Your mum and dad are Muggles! You already know all about Muggles!"

"But it'll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view," said Hermione earnestly

"Are you planning to eat or sleep at all this year, Hermione?" asked Harry, while Ron sniggered. Hermione ignored them. I punched Harry's arm lightly "Be nice, Harry!" I scolded him.

"I've still got ten Galleons," she said, checking her purse. "It's my birthday in September, and Mum and Dad gave me some money to get myself an early birthday present."

"How about a nice book? said Ron innocently. "No, I don't think so," said Hermione composedly. "I really want an owl. I mean, Harry's got Hedwig and you've got Errol —"

"I haven't," said Ron. "Errol's a family owl. All I've got is Scabbers." He pulled a rat out of his pocket. "And I want to get him checked over," he added, placing Scabbers on the table in front of them. "I don't think Egypt agreed with him."

"There's a magical creature shop just over there," said Harry, who knew Diagon Alley very well by now. "You could see if they've got anything for Scabbers, and Hermione can get her owl."

So they paid for their ice cream and crossed the street to the Magical Menagerie.

"I'll wait out here." I said to Harry and he nodded as I stood in front of the book store, my thoughts going to the boy with blonde hair and silver eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like this chapter! If you did, feel free to vote and comment! I hope you have a great rest of your morning/afternoon/evening :-)