ONE

Daniella never really understood why people fell in love with people from the wrong side, until it happened to her.

It was in her fourth year when Daniella first noticed him, Draco Malfoy. The Malfoy boy that had no kind bones in his body and was only known as the most cruel devilish person at Hogwarts. She grew up hating him, it's what she only knew. Her instinct was to hate Draco Malfoy as everyone else had. Hating Draco Malfoy was as normal as taking a breath. She never thought twice about hating him, she was best friends with Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron, of course it was second nature. Nothing was more usual than hating Draco Malfoy. But that winter something changed in Daniella, something she tried desperately to push out but never could. It was winter break, only few students were still at Hogwarts, as everyone had gone home for Christmas. All but a few students, including Draco Malfoy. Daniella's parents never really had a liking for Ron's family, although she never understood why. Every year Daniella had been invited to stay for Christmas, but every year her parents forced her to decline. Daniella and her parents never had an amazing relationship that's why she always chose to stay.

-----

It was Christmas morning. To Daniella it felt like any other day. Her parents never got her anything for Christmas since her first year and she had no friends to spend the day with. Dreading the long day ahead of her, she headed down to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. Daniella always loved the food that was served on holidays, they were truly the best breakfasts Daniella had ever tasted in her life. Daniella was in Gryffindor and because of that, she had to sit directly across the Slytherin table. For some reason unknown to Daniella, she hadn't had to endure any mocking or rude jokes from Slytherin ever since she arrived at Hogwarts but even then, she still sighed when she sat down near Draco and his friends.

After breakfast had been served, the few students in the dining hall began to talk to their friends and open up their gifts from one another and their parents. Daniella looked around with sad eyes, desperate to know what a true holiday felt but knowing she would never get that experience. Dumbledore never allowed the students to go into their common rooms before it was late at night on Holidays and Daniella learned to hate the rule very quickly. As Daniella sat at the Gryffindor table quietly, she heard Draco whisper her name. Daniella's head perked up and before she even knew what she was turned around to Draco and met his eyes. "Do you need something, or are you already so bored you can't help but talk about me." Daniella's face turned red with shock as soon as she realized what she said.

Draco immediately snapped back at her, "No need to get so upset Daniella, I was simply telling them how you got a better grade than Granger on the potions exam. And for your information I think your name has been in everyone's conversation at least once. I mean you're the only one here who is actually alone, on Christmas."

"I really appreciate it." Daniella said sarcastically as she turned back around to her food and rested her head on her hand, attempting to not get upset by Draco's comment.

Although as Daniella ate her food she couldn't help but realize her leg bouncing up and down with anxiety. Whatever that shift was in her surrounding her feelings towards Draco Malfoy, she didn't like it. It made her palms all clammy and she got so nervous every time she talked to him. Daniella sometimes thought maybe the same thing could have happened to Draco but she always pushed the thought out of her mind as she was so desperate to ignore her feelings. As she ate she wondered why the Draco Malfoy was bragging to his friends about her grade on the Potions test. Daniella had caught him staring at her a few times in class but never thought of it until then. Her and Draco really did have so many classes together and she hated every second of it. She tried to stop thinking about him, she became frustrated with herself as her mind and body felt two different ways towards him. She would never want to betray her friends in such a way no matter what but she couldn't help the way she felt when he walked into a room. She used to hate it but now, she wasn't sure, she didn't hate it, yet she didn't like it.