The Kinsman Comes on Dreaded Tides

((Author's Note: This chapter was, and will remain, unfinished. I have started writing real pirate stories set in their own world instead of making SoT fanfiction. My apologies, dear readers.))

Tis been a long time since the pen and I met. What ho, over 2 years in truth! Tis not that I stopped sailing, Heavens no, in truth, some of ye may have met me by now. I started taking some odd jobs. Jobs where people needed one crewmate more to hop aboard and get the win. 

All's clay, and so I found myself on a lot of trips. From saving fleetships full of loot to being tugged along by a snobby child, I had seen it all. In fact, I was the fisherman that the mailman could talk to for a fishing trip or two. That was lovely, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. In fact... 

...I just spent the past two years fishing, more or less. Hunting sharks, and megalodons where I may! Catching all manner of fish, making friends with every seapost member, even getting tattooed by the ol' boy at North Star Seapost. I'm quite the man on the stuff, you could say!

Odd jobs and order quests were nothing new. In fact, I'm above the rank of a Master now, being what one calls an "Enchanter" - I have been taught select special abilities that most pirates at sea hardly know of, like omens. I always like to consult the spirits before making a decision, something frankly vital to my efforts on the sea. I sat in a tavern this particular eve, sipping some mead in gladness, only to see a bold, strong figure take a seat with me as I paid no mind.

"I take it you're the "Attuned One" for hire?" The man's voice sent shivers down my spine. Not due to some sort of implication, or an irking that a fight would soon break out, but that the voice was utterly familiar from my past: My brother.

"Tris..?" I looked him head to toe, looking rather unkempt, as though he had just come off an arduous journey. 

"You thought you could just forget about everything outside the sea, didn't you? Now cheers, I didn't come all this way out here to lecture you, just to find you. Ain't right leaving like you did but if you'd died and I was none the wiser all my life, I'd get no sleep. Now, I learned a thing or two getting out here about firing a gun, but I need me a sailor to show me around these parts and give me a real adventure. That someone you?" He sloshed down a beer in haste and loudly set it on the bar to be refilled. 

"It is."