Vol 3, Chapter 8: An Orderly Hunter I Have Become!

I have found myself addicted to hunting megalodons. There is nothing like the thrill I tell ye! I spent all day hunting them! Sold some odd 30,000 gold worth of the meat to Merrick and also his son, Derrick! 

I was selling at a seapost actually when I noticed a fully graded Reaper's Bones Emissary sloop coming toward me... Then, a skeleton ship sailed in... And began fighting them! Hooray! Cooked more meat I did and fished, watching close. I wasn't going to get run upon high and dry. The reapers indeed sank the ship and looted it. But, the sinking attracted a Hungering One! They fought it for what felt like forever. I couldn't even see the meg anymore by the end, it was as though they were blindly firing into open water. However, I heard the roar certainly as they killed it! I immediately headed over to confront them. I was planning for combat, as Reapers are no good to the seas, but surely they had skill. So I decided to call out first on the horn. 

I explained to them the situation: Their ship, full of holes from both cannon fire and shark bites, with half their wood used up, and low on cannonballs, and a whole load of loot, or me, in a pristine ship with no damage and no loot. I have nothing to lose, and they had it all. I explained to them that if they wanted no trouble from this mighty Captain of the Order of Souls, they would hand over any and all megalodon meat to me. They agreed readily, and supplied me it. As they hauled it, I was half tempted to start shooting their hull to shreds right then and their. But, their Captain was a good man oddly enough, and friendly. I let them go, but had shown them who the true authority in the seas was.

After selling so much meat, I encountered a shadowmaw myself, which I hunted and cooked again, sat fishing waiting for it to cook, cooked said fish, and all was sold to Derrick who then christened me an Acclimatized Hunter. I e'en brought him a mermaid gem. The captain's skulls this mad meg swallowed however, demanded the attention of the Order. E'en a stronghold skull! I was rewarded many thousands for my duties, alongside the some 30 grand from the Hunters. 

Finally... I WAS PROMOTED BY THE ORDER OF SOULS! A MYSTIC GRANDEE I AM NOW, YARR! Emissary of Mystic Mercenaries still, but not much longer, yo ho! All in all a good day.