This dude ... Percy shows up, and he's in my way

RING ... RING ... ... RING ... RING ... ... RI-BAM!

I awoke the same way I did every day. Daydreamed about Annabeth for ten minutes. Took a shower, brushed my teeth, and put on my outfit for the day. Today I was wearing a black dress shirt, a pair of white jeans, and black Air Force 1s. My hair was in the same style as yesterday. I grabbed breakfast and left the house at 7:50 like usual. I arrived at precisely 8:00, met up with Annabeth and walked to class.

I had Science for, second period, today as my first class. Annabeth had a very specific art class that focuses on architecture. I would have joined the class for her like I did for Greek, but the class she took required a lot of prerequisite classes she took over the years. The class itself is more of a club than an actual class. People from other schools would come to Lowell for the first hour and twenty minutes of even days to partake in the 'class'.

And if you didn't know by now science was BORING! I heard stuff about a new student supposed to be here today (tuesday) but was absent, and some homework stuff. I already knew everything this class offered for the rest of the year, thanks to my mom of course. The bell rang and I rushed out. Annabeth wasn't at her locker because she already took her things for her next class.Next up was learning seminar, period four. What's a learning seminar? It's a class where we get some announcements, and spend the rest of the time doing homework. You have the same class throughout high school, so Annabeth would never be in it. Anyway, I finished my homework ten minutes before class ended. I spent those ten minutes wisely. I daydreamed about Annabeth, and possibly blushed a couple times. Did I mention I was in love?

When I finally made it to lunch, I was the first one there. I grabbed my lunch, paid for it and sat down on my usual table. Slowly my friend's started arriving. At first it was a couple people who rotated through our friend group. They were our friends but not part of the main group. Then I saw Mike and Jamie walk to our table, hand in hand. I smiled at that. I had known Mike for years, and it was pretty obvious he liked her. He finally took the plunge last month. They said their "hellos" and sat down next to me.

Next came Annabeth. You already know her ... I caught her gaze as she walked over, and I instantly got lost in her eyes. She sat down and opened her book. *sigh* I wanted to talk to her, but if it makes her happy, it makes me happy.

I was staring at Annabeth, so I didn't realise when Kenneth and Hannah walked in until they sat down next to Her, hands linked. Kenneth has also been my friend for years. He and Mike actually asked out their girlfriends together. They tried roping me into asking Annabeth out along with them, but I denied, ... to wait for a better moment of course. They said their "hellos" and started up a conversation of their own.

I was staring at Annabeth for, I would say a good ten minutes when the doors to the cafeteria opened. It wasn't one of those cliche 'the-doors-burst-open-and-the-guy-came-in'. Nope none of that. I was just looking in the general direction of the doors. The cafeteria got a bit quieter, although I didn't know why. Some of the girls in the cafeteria were staring at the figure in the doorway. He looked tall from where I was in the back of the room. That's all I could really tell from my distance, and frankly that's all I cared to observe. I looked at Jamie who was sitting next to me and I noticed she was also looking at the guy in the door. Not in any 'oh-he's-so-hot-I'm-gonna-leave-my-boyfriend-for-him' type of look, just curious. For some reason her curiosity fueled my own and I started staring at the guy. He was talking to the vice principal who was standing next to the doorway. After a minute of talking the vice principal opened his arms while jestering to the cafeteria and mouthed 'Welcome to Lowell.'

The dude scanned the room. His gaze ended in our general area, and it was hard to tell, but I think he was smiling. He started walking over in our direction. The closer he got, the more noticed his features. He was TALL, like maybe around 6'2. His skin was quite tanned, maybe one or two shades less than Annabeth's. His hair was jet-black. He had a mid skin fade and a mop of long hair on top that fell over his head in random directions. His body was toned and muscular. He was wearing a blue hoodie, black ripped jeans, and a pair of Air Jordan 1s.