Epilogue (Unedited)

Time had gone and passed since my days in North Bend, Oregon, I had changed, so did the people I left behind. I sat in my room in Texas, a picture of all of us at prom sat on my desk. I picked it up and looked it over, beside it was a picture of my many cousins I had down here in Texas, I was in the middle, being a little taller than most of them. I turned to the now decorated walls of my room, seeing pictures of the many new friends I had made here in Melwar. Melwar was an interesting town, but this was not the story of Melwar. I turned back towards my desk and looked over the letters on my desk, all acceptance letters to the various colleges that I had applied to, none that were that extreme, but I was here in Texas and thought to keep my options local, but I constantly looked over my acceptance letter to The University of Oregon, the place where I knew Mary, Fatima, and Anna were going to, along with Aaron and Kathy, I also knew that Nate was going to Oregon State University, wanting to get himself a career in politics.

I leaned back in my chair and thought just how much things have changed. I still kept in touch with Fatima, Nate, and Mary. I still remembered that kiss we shared, me and Mary in that park, it was a soft and quick one, still it made my heart flutter. I turned towards the rest of my room, it was much more decorated and annotated that my old room could ever hope to be, it was very much me, being neat and tidy in some places, other parts being a bit messy but still neat-ish. Sighing I decided instead to focus on my study guide, finals being just around the corner and me refusing to opt out so that I could get some experience under my belt for college, wherever I chose to go.

I wound up finishing my study guide, took my exams the next day, passed with high marks, and once more was behind my desk as I debated about which college to admit to, it was then that I looked at my phone and saw Nate's contact photo pop up followed by ringing. I answered and heard Nate's voice. "It's been a bit brother, hasn't it? How have you been?"

"I've been okay, what about you?" I inquired.

"Good enough, small stuff here or there."

"Also I joined a bible study like you told me to."

"You know I only recommended that you do."

"Fair, anyhow what brought you to call?"

"I was just wondering where you were going?"

"Hmm? Still not sure, it's hard to decide you know, looks like everything will be very last minute for me."

"Huh? Don't worry about it, after all your parents are giving you those GI bills."

"Mhm, hallelujah for that."

"God's got a plan though, don't worry too much about it buddy, also did you here?"

"Here what?"

"Me and Anna got engaged."

"You're not fucking with me, right?"

"Nope and watch your language."

"Right, Captain Rogers." I said sarcastically. "But congratulations, who's your best man?"

"My older brother Alfonso. Though you are one of my groomsmen."

"Is there a dress code?"

"Yup."

"When is it?"

"December 16th."

"That's pretty soon."

"I know."

"Still congratulations buddy, I can't wait to see y'all again!"

"Me too, brother. Anyways I gotta go, I'll talk to you later. Love you and take care."

"Ditto, chao!"

As I stared once more at the acceptance letters I began to mess around a bit with the one for Oregon... More and more my hands fiddled with them and more and more I nipped at my lip, maybe...