Inspirational Philosophers

Socrates
Like Plato and Aristotle, Socrates is a well known Greek philosopher. He lived from 469-399 B.C. In the modern era, Socrates gained credibility in producing the foundation for Western Philosophy. He had recognition from the practice of padagogy,  a teaching tactic which demands the right answers. Socrates had a belief that wisdom was quite parallel to anyone's ignorance. He equated the love of wisdom and the art of love which means that wisdom is the beginning of knowledge. Love, friendship and self development were things that Socrates inspired significantly. He had a belief that to be truly good from within is totally different from virtue that relates to soul's goodness.

The Socratic Problem
F

or years scholars and historians were confronted with the truth that Aristotle didn't even wrote anything relating to biography or philosophy. The information gathered on Socrates cannot be proven that he existed because there was no historical evidence to support it. To sum it, this was referred to as the Socratic Problem. Some even argued that Socrates was only an imagination that were created in the minds of other Greek philosophers when they wrote about him.