Chapter 23

Picture of Rook ^

Ryan's POV :

A few weeks had passed since Remington's incident with her Mom, but thankfully everything seemed to be going well. The guys and I have been working on a new album, plus working on getting a headlining tour for this year.
Remington & I have been doing great. She's such an independent and hardworking woman. I still couldn't believe she took an interest in me in the first place. I got really fucking lucky.

It was 12:30pm and Remington is at work, although she managed to get off early today. So she'll be home at 2:30. I decided to clean up around the house & make some late lunch for her. I prepared some chicken and veggies while I jammed out to some Five Finger Death Punch.

After I was done, I went to sit on the couch with Rex & and wait for her. I was scrolling through Instagram on my phone. I realized I still follow a lot of models and other women. It may be not a big deal to anyone. However, I feel guilty for still looking at them when I have my beautiful Remington. I unfollowed them, then went to Remi's Instagram. I admired her beauty as I looked through her pictures.
The most recent picture was her in her car. She was wearing a white button up shirt & her hair was curled. I couldn't even process how incredibly breath taking she was. I clicked her comments and read through some.

A lot of them were from Motionless fans, some from her family, and some friends.
I was about to click off of everything until I saw two comments with a blue check mark next to them.

@AndyBiersack - So beautiful.

@Rookxx - That's a jaw dropping woman right there.

I furrowed my eyebrows and clicked on this Rook dudes Instagram. According to his page he was a touring drummer for all types of bands. He had braids in his hair and tattoos, brown hair, colored eyes. I had never heard of him and I don't ever recall Remington mentioning him.

I wanted to click out of her profile, but another part of me was telling me to just look through her other photos. So I did just that.

Definitely not a good idea.

I scrolled down a little and clicked on another photo of Remington. She was wearing an off the shoulder long sleeve striped shirt. Her long black hair was thrown over her left shoulder while her other shoulder was bare. She was looking in another direction, and there was a drink in front of her.
I then clicked on the comments.

@TravisBarker - Look at my beautiful daughter.

@AtianaDeLaHoya - Sister sister <3

@AndyBiersack - Wow.

I was about to click out of the comments until I saw something.

@Rookxx - Holy shit.

Who the hell is this Rook guy?

Remington's POV :

I had just gotten off work and was in the line at Starbucks. I got Ryan and myself a drink & was quietly humming a song. Then my phone started ringing. I picked it up and looked down at the contact, my Dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rem."

"Hey Dad, what's up?"

"Nothing. I was just calling to see how work was."

"It was good Dad, nothing out of the ordinary. How are you? How was Landon & Alabama's day at school?"

"I'm doing fine, Rem. I just got out of a meeting. Tour is coming back up again. Landon & Alabama's day went good. I picked them up and they were both taking naps when I left."