Chapter 33

Remington's POV

Celeste sat down as I walked over and sat in another chair. Rook looked at my Dad, and sighed.

"Go right a fucking head." My Dad said furiously.

"Celeste. I-I'm so sorry." Rook stuttered.

"John, what's going on? Seriously. I thought we were okay."

"We were. I haven't been honest with you. I did something."

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at my Dad then back at Rook.

"Like what?" She said as she clenched her jaw.

"I'm so sorry, Celeste."

"Spit it out! You cheated didn't you?!"

"Celeste. I'm so-."

"Enough with your apologies, what the fuck is wrong with you?! You couldn't have just told me if you didn't want to be with me?!" She yelled as she stood up.

"Celeste. Please. Let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain, John Paul! Do I know this woman? Did you get drunk and go off and do something?!"

"N-No, I wasn't drunk."

"So it was a completely sober decision!?"

Rook sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm so sorry."

"Who is it, Rook?!"

"Celeste, please. It doesn't matter, please."

My Dad cleared his throat and gave him a glare.

I took a deep breath and waited for his answer.

"Who is it!?" Celeste yelled.

"R-Rem." He said quietly as he broke eye contact with her.

I clenched my fists and let out a sigh.

"You did not just say what I think you did." She said as she looked at him then back at me.

"It was a mistake, Celeste." I said speaking up.

"You mean you cheated on me, with Travis Barker's daughter? The one who everyone speaks so incredibly highly of?"

"Yes." Rook said looking back up at her. 

Celeste scoffed. "No one told me she was a whore."

My eyes widened as I looked up at her. I looked at Rook and then at my Dad, then back at Celeste.

"Okay, I think we should-." My Dad started to speak up, but Rook cut him off.

"She's not a whore. She knew it was wrong, she reminded me every-time. I was just so out of it. I didn't listen. It's my fault." Rook said.

"Every time?!" Celeste said. "How many fucking times has this happened?!"

Rook looked at me, I quickly broke off the eye contact.

"A few times. More than once."

Celeste scoffed. "So she's a whore. I stand corrected?"

I raised my eyebrows. I wasn't going to let her sit there and shit talk me to my face.

"Okay, Celeste. I don't think that-."

"Is that all you're going to call me now?" I said as I cut my Dad off.

Celeste looked at me. "Well it seems to be what you are anyway? Going around and sleeping with people's boyfriends. What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you that desperate?"