Chapter 37

Remington's POV

It's been a few weeks since I got drunk at the bar. I've been going to work and trying to get myself together. After the whole incident with Rook, and Ayden and then Ryan. I took a few days just to myself, I didn't answer my phone. I locked myself in my house and thought about everything that had happened over the last year. I didn't know who I was anymore.

Did it feel nice to go off the rails and not let anyone run my life expect for me? Yes. It did. The thrill of it all was something I had never felt.
However, I did things that went against my morals. I have a lot of healing and things to work on.

The day after the bar, I was supposed to hang out with Ayden and I ended up throwing up and going to bed. Ricky stayed here and slept on the couch to make sure I was okay. It took me while to convince him to go home and that I was fine.

Tour starts in a week. My Dad has been blowing up my phone telling me that I have to go. Our relationship is still rocky. I could always go and just avoid Ryan and Celeste. I'm grown enough to do that and just spend time with my siblings. But, I'm still not sure on what to do. Either I sit at home, work, and get back on track. Or do I let Ryan & Celeste think I'm not going on MY dad's tour because of them? The second option sounds like a no go. I can go enjoy myself and be unbothered.

Right?

I was sitting on the couch finishing up with catching up on emails. I then closed my laptop and decided to give my Dad a call.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

"Remington." My Dads voice said after barely letting the phone ring.

"Dad. I'm sorry."

I heard him sigh. "I don't want you going down the wrong path, Rem. You worked so hard for everything. And this past year has just been a complete mess. I don't know what I did wrong. I should have fought harder to keep you away from Ryan."

"Dad. Even if you would have kept trying to keep him away. I would have still broken your rules. I really liked him. Seriously. I never felt that way about anyone. He made me feel normal, he wasn't with me for my looks, for my body. He wanted me. For me. Obviously the times have changed, but he really was my first love."

"I get it, Rem. I felt the same way with your Mother. She was everything to me. I loved her. I felt alive with her. She didn't want me for the fame, or the money. She watched us become where we are today. She grew with me. Even though I did shitty things. I made bad mistakes, as did she. We both grew, then you came and my God, it's like everything clicked. We were so in love with our growing family. Then one became two, and two became three, and then Alabama surprised us."
I heard a small chuckle. "As much as I want to beat Ryan's face in. I get it, Remington."

I don't think I've ever heard my Dad open up about my Mom in that way. I know they were in love, I've seen the home videos, the pictures. But, these past few years have been rough with her. She's been going through a lot, and she's changed  so much. I teared up a little bit hearing the pain in his voice. My Dad loves us so much, and I know he wants the best for all of us kids. There's a lot he went through to get custody of all of us. He has never stopped fighting for us, and I know no matter how grown we get. He will always fight for us and be there for us.

"Jeez Dad." I said sniffling. I heard him chuckle.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset."

"No, you didn't. At all. I've been such a mess the past year. I lost myself completely, and I fucked up a lot. But I don't want that to define me. I want to be better, and I want to settle down eventually. I know what I did with Rook was unacceptable and ridiculous. And I don't want to be looked at as the girl who sleeps with people in relationships. That's the fucking worst. I want to grow and just take life day by day. I know I don't need anyone right now. I just got so caught up with all the drama. I hope you can forgive me."

"Remington. Of course I forgive you. You're in a period of self discovery. We're all going to fuck up and make mistakes. I sat down and talked to Rook as well."

"Y-You did?"

"Yes. I told him to be a better man. I know Rook likes you. I've always known that. I've known him for years. Rook is a good man. However, him cheating on Celeste gave me a whole new perspective of him. If you and Rook started dating and he cheated on you. Remington, I would probably kill him."

I chuckled. "I know, Dad. I've had that thought too. I can't imagine how Celeste felt. And I know I was a snarky bitch to her. But, man oh man, she boiled my blood that day."

"I know, Rem. There was a lot of emotions. How is your hand?"

I looked down at my hand which was slowly healing. My knuckles were still somewhat bruised and it was definitely sore. I never went to the doctors, I've just been icing it and trying to move it around.

"It's better. Just sore and still bruised. How is Celeste's face?"

"Last time I saw her she was still bruised up a little towards her under eye."

"Are her and Rook are still working things out?"

"Remington."

"Just a simple question, Dad."

"No."

My heart sank.

"N-No? I thought they-"

"Celeste just couldn't trust him. It was too complicated." He said cutting me off.

"Oh. So is she still going on the tour?"

"Yes. We already did all of the paperwork."

I sighed and scratched my head. "Okay. Well, I'm going to need my pass."

"Y-You're coming?" He asked. You could hear the happiness in his voice.

"Yes. I need to grow up and not let people stop me from spending time with you and my siblings. I want to go and have a peaceful time. I don't need to interact with anyone. I just want to be the bigger person."

"I'm proud of you, Remington. I really am."

"Yeah."

"You can stop by later and I can give you your passes. Or I can drop them off?"

"Either way works, Dad."

"Alright. Well, you just text me and let me know. I love you."

"I love you too, Dad. Bye."

"Bye hon."

I sighed and hung up the phone. I zoned out for a little bit just thinking about Rook and Celeste. After a few, I finally snapped out of my thoughts and went upstairs to start packing.

I guess we'll see how this goes.