Chapter 29

Ryan's POV

It's been a few weeks since the incident Rook and I got into at Travis' house. I've been at home resting my hand as much as possible, just hoping I'll be better before we play in Scranton. Remington has been stopping by to check on me after work everyday. I don't exactly know what to call our situation. We're not back together, but definitely trying to rebuild that bridge. I would love to get back together, I truly do love her. I think we both just need to heal from what happened with her and Rook. I can't change it anymore, it happened, I just need to get over it.

But it's so fucking hard.

I was laying in bed scrolling through my phone. My knuckles were wrapped up, and the doctor gave me pain meds. Rem's been having the guys watch me to make sure I don't drink. In other words, they're afraid I'll spiral like I did a few weeks back.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in."

Remington slowly opened the door and peeked her head through. "I didn't know if you were asleep or not."

I gave her a small smile and shook my head. She walked in and had a bag of food. She was wearing a tight red dress, her hair was down with loose curls. She had minimal makeup up, and in other words just looked so stunning.

"I brought food." She said smiling as she came and sat down on the bed.

I smiled as I looked over at the time. "Are you off work already?"

"Yeah, I went in earlier to get off earlier." She said pulling out my food and giving it to me.

I nodded. "How was work?"

"Same old same old. I had to go deliver some packages, then just did paperwork after. It was a slow day."

I nodded, we talked and laughed while we ate.

"Ugh. I can't even eat comfortably." She said standing up and looking down at her dress. "Can I borrow some sweats, and a hoodie?"

I smiled. "Of course."

She smiled as she walked over to my drawer and pulled out some sweats. She then walked over to my closet and grabbed a hoodie. "I'll be back." She said as she walked into my bathroom.

A few minutes later she came out still wearing the dress. "What happened?" I said looking at her.

"My zipper is stuck."

I chuckled. "Come here."

She walked over to me and sat in front of me. I slowly unzipped her zipper. "There."

"Thank you." She said as she walked back into the bathroom. When she was done changing and walked out and came to sit on the bed. She then put her hair up in a bun.

"Much better." She said smiling.

I sat up and scooted closer to her. She looked at me and admired me for a while. I did the same. "Thank you for the food."

She nodded. "You don't have to thank me."

I smiled as I leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek. She looked at me then immediately connected her lips onto mine. Chills went up my spine, as we kissed for a little. She then pulled back and looked at me. "I'm sorry, was that too much?"

I sat up and moved our food off of the bed. I then leaned back over to her. "It wasn't enough."

A smile formed on her face as she grabbed my face and began to kiss me again. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her next to me. We continued to kiss. I wanted to touch her, but I was just so hesitant. I strictly only had my hands above her waist, or cupping her face.