THE GHOST GENERAL, WEN NING

Previously:

Jin Ling thought that he saw death as he looked at Starise's dark eyes and stayed quiet. She then tossed him on the ground and loosened the ribbon around him as seeing the goddess statue walking out of the cave with a big thump sound from the ground.

Now they have to fight a walking goddess statue!

General POV

Amirul didn't sign up for this fight as he tried to distract the goddess statue before someone could get hurt. The statue was around three meters tall, resembling a titan as it moved, giving off a strong sense of oppression. A few rogue cultivators came out of the forest as it came outside, having their swords brandished. They expressed excitement, lusting for battle, and were nervous but they all exclaimed.

"Haha, now this is what we're looking for!"

"Worth a fight, take it down now!"

Jin Ling clicked his tongue in irritation, not wanting those lowlifes to catch his prey. He jumped into the air and started swinging his sword at one of the arms of the goddess statue. As expected, it didn't cut through; his cultivation level wasn't high enough where his sword could cut through rocks like paper. He was at a complete disadvantage; nevertheless, he kept on pushing.

A bit worried for him, Starise dashed towards the boy and started whipping her ribbon at the goddess statue. She leaped her body into the air as she pulled out her ion blaster and started shooting it, which made the statue turned its attention to Starise. It then started using its arms, extending out, trying to catch Starise like a viper striking its prey. Only it couldn't grab its prey for Starise was able to dodge its arms in a zig-zag motion.

However, her heart sank when she saw Jin Ling trying to strike at the goddess statue from behind. Starise shouted, "Don't do it!"

But he did it anyway and the goddess statue turned its attention on Jin Ling, who was dodging nearly all of its attacks but having difficulty.

Amirul couldn't help but worry for the boy and murmured, "That guy's really worrisome."

He grabbed two of his shuriken bombs from his pocket and threw them at the back of the statue, making them exploded in the process. Amirul thought that he had it but only to see that the goddess statue walking as nothing happen.

Amirul silently exclaimed, 'How could it still moves?!'

He then noticed that something was wrong as he saw one of the arms had veins formed and dark energies surrounded it. Amirul clicked his tongue and tightened his fists.

"Scrap, It's the demonic hand!"

 From what he learned, a demonic hand is a part of a corpse that wants to die as a whole corpse. It carries the resentment of the deceased person. While it has no nose and eyes, it can only search its owner by devouring the hand of a living human and take its place. After it consumes all of the body's flesh and energy, it'll continue to search for the next vessel of possession until finds every single part of its body. Therefore exorcising it is impossible and it cannot be exorcised until it considers its body, only then it can be exorcised.

Then, the same group of rogue cultivators surrounded the goddess statue while their leader stood on a tree. He threw a small bell and shouted.

"Deploy magic tool!"

The silver bell made several rings before it turned into a large object. It hovered over the statue then covered it with a thundering bang. The bell completely trapped the goddess statue and everything was quiet. The rogue leader laughed triumphantly.