Loyalty

Barracks, Fort Zardak
Raz Koldin, 61st Stormtrooper Battalion

      War....that's what we are made for, to kill the one firing at you, follow orders and unwavering loyalty. That's what it meant to be a Stormtrooper, that's what it meant to wear this armor. So why were we sweeping this shit hole of a ship. We are meant to be the 61st's elite assault squad, not a fucking maintenance crew. The fact that most of the crew, notably hate us for simply wearing this armor, didn't help either.

       "Sir...sir we just finished sweeping the entire ship" I turned to see, on my holodevice was Britchwood looking at me with his E-11 pulled to his chest and feet together. "Good....inform the entire squad to finally leave this ship" He quickly turned to leave, until he stopped and turned to me once again. "Oh and the commander wants to speak with you sir...right now." I nodded and closed the device. 'Reem wants to speak with me now, after everything that's happened' 'I thought he would have more pressing matters, than meeting his inner circle.' Regardless, I made my way out of the barracks and to the large central tower.

If I were younger, than I would say that the architect was trying to compensate for something. Considering how small it made everything else in the base by comparison. But that version of me, has long since been replaced. All that mattered now was to find out why the Commander requested for me.

      I passed by other members of the 61st as I made my way to the elevator, all relaxing or making their way to the mess hall for their dinner. There was hardly anyone, from the original 61st most of those that belong with us are replacements or hastily trained cadets. I guess that's what we get for always, requesting for positions in the Outer Rim. Fools find out the hard way.

I sighed at the thought of being the only scrap of the true 61st. Ever since Reem took over 3 years ago, the 61st has regressed into regiment made for the comfy and the arrogant. Don't even remember the last time, I had to fire my E-11 at something other than a training bot.  If Britchwood was any example, there's nothing of the original 61st now, and might never be.

      The doors slid open, revealing Reem with his feet on top of the desk and seem to be pre-occupied with something. He didn't even seem to notice, I was in the room at all, as he continued fiddling with the datapad. After several minutes of being ignored, I decided to finally make my presence known. "You asked for me Commander", I said as I raised my hand to salute him. He turned his attention to me, and a smile adorned his face. "Sergeant Raz, it's so good that you could make it." I ignored his non-professional greeting and entered the room proper. "You wanted to see me sir" I took a seat facing in front of him. "Yes, I just wanted to see how my inner circle" he said the smile still plastered on his face. I just sighed, I knew he sent for me nothing. I got up to leave, but Reem was quick to shut the door to ensure I won't escape.

"Now Raz, I was only joking" he had his arms spread out as if inviting me into a hug. Reluctantly I sat down and waited for Reem to speak his mind. Once he saw me sit down, and give him my full attention, his face became much more serious. "I'll be frank Raz, since you are the oldest of my inner circle, I trust you the most." "But now I'm not so sure."

"So your saying I don't trust", My words seemed to alarm Reem, but he quickly regained composure. "Can you blame me?" "Everyone is on edge....hell I received reports from the 722nd about desertions." As much as I hate to say it he has a point, you don't go around the barracks without hearing about desertions. "And what does this have to do with me" at this Reem only slid his datapad towards me. It contained 4 images, the largest being a warehouse labeled "12" with the other 3 being pics of people. One was male human at least from what I could tell, with name next to it being Griggs Molcha. The second depicted an female orange Twi'lek, her name was Sula Laque. The third one, showed only an a hooded figure, the rest was listed as unknown save for a name...Harbinger.