Chapter 1 - The beginning

Emelie walked home from school, normal school day. So it seemed. She strolled along, vibing to her music, like she always did. Music calmed her. She took out her house key and unlocked the door. She walked in. It was silent. It was never silent. "Mum?" she asked, "Charlie?" she called, scared. 

She ran into the sitting room, before stopping dead in the middle of her tracks. "Mum?" she whispered. She then ran to her brother's room. Same sight.

She took out her phone and phoned her grandparents. It went to answer machine. She did the same with her aunt and uncle. Same turn out. 

She ran to her granny and grandad's (they lived across the road), opened the door. Saw them. Pulse checked. They were gone.

She then ran to her aunt and uncles (they lived in the next road). Same outcome. She phoned 999, and informed them, asked them to check where her great uncle and cousin lived. They said they would but she had to get to the police station. She said there wasn't one in her village. There wasn't. She lived in a tiny village. They said to get the train to the nearest police station and they'd meet her there. She nodded and followed their instructions. After grabbing some essentials from her house, she caught the next train into town and walked toward the police station, really worried. She swallowed her anxiety tablet, and calmed down a little. She put on her favourite musical's soundtrack (SIX, obviously) and ran to the police station. 

When she got there she was taken into a room. She looked around the few officers and retreated into her shell. She curled up in a ball as they spoke to her and absorbed what they were saying but made no verbal response. 

After a while a woman and a man walked in. Juliet (the woman) walked gently to Emelie and sat down quietly by her, "Hey." she smiled gently. Emelie looked over and scooted away from her, scared. The woman smiled, "Look, I know you're scared, but I'm Juliet." she said gently, "I will be looking after you for a bit. In a big home full of kids." She smiled, Emelie then looked up, "Juliet? Like in &Juliet?" she asked in a whisper. Juliet nodded, "Yes, Most of the kids call me Ju, though." She smiled gently. Emelie nodded, "ok...do any of the kids like musicals?" she asked cautiously. Ju nodded, "Viv does. She's obsessed." she smiled, "Wait, like Viv, short for Vivian, like Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman?" Emelie asked, Ju nodded, "Yup, she loves that musical, to be honest she likes every musical." Emelie looked intrigued, "Could I maybe meet her?" she asked shyly. Ju nodded, "Of course. What's your name?" she smiled, "Emelie." she whispered, "Um, you can call me Lee or Em." She said quietly, smiling shyly. 

Ju stood up, "Come on then." offering her hand to Emelie. She took it and stood up nervously, keeping her eyes on the ground. Ju guided her gently to the car and then drove her to the orphanage which was about 2 hours away, in London. Emelie listened to music the whole way, and scrolled Instagram. By the time they got to London it was 6pm and Emelie was really nervous. She hid behind her hair and looked out the car window, seeing the huge building that was going to be her home for a while.

Credit to Viv goes to lexfromcatering. Thx for letting me use Viv!