Chapter 2 - Welcome To The Mad House

Emelie's POV:

I stare up at the huge building, cautiously climbing out the car. I hear someone belting I can't go back. I presume that would be Viv. She has a lovely  voice. I smile gently, before following Ju up the path. 

She unlocks the door and a wave of screeches hit me. I flinch and back away slightly. Ju smiles encouragingly, and even then I am scared. She guides me in. I hide behind my hair and looked down, avoiding everyones' gaze. 

We get past the younger kids and Ju calls Viv down, "VIVIAN! GET DOWN HERE!" she yells. I wait and there's soon a "WHYYYYYYYY!! YOU INTERUPTED THE CLIMAX AGAIN!" in response.  I giggle and wait for Ju's reply. She rolls her eyes, "JUST GET DOWN HERE! NOW PREFERABLY!" she calls. 

I wait for a couple minutes, and soon a 12 year old appears wearing a disgruntled expression. "How many times do I tell you not to interrupt the climaxes of songs. The idiots have already done that a cazillion times today." she groaned. I giggle shyly from behind my hair. She turns to me, "Who's this?" she asks, "Emelie. She likes musicals and is gunna be staying here for a while. She is sharing a room with you, deal with it." Ju said, Viv nods, "Ok, welcome to the mad house. I'm Viv." she smiled at me. I smile tentatively back, "Hey, I'm Emelie, or you can call me Em, or Lee. You have a really good voice." I say shyly. She smiles, "Thanks Em, well if you follow me, I'll show you to our room." I nod, "Ok." I whisper, before following her up.

I enter her room and see a pan flag hung up, I smile and close the door behind me. She smiles, "I can take the flag down if you want." she offers. I shake my head, "No, It's fine. I'm taking you're pan then?" I ask. She nods, "You?" she asks, "Demi-panromantic and ace." I reply. She smiles, "Nice! another gay." I smile, "Yh, indeed." She shows me my bed, "Wait, why are you  in school uniform?" she asks curiously, I sigh, "I came back from school and I found my whole family dead." I say. She looks guilty, "Don't worry about it. I'm better off without them." I say in response to her look. She nods, "Oh, ok." She says, not enquiring further, I am glad about that, maybe I'll tell her somewhen, but not today.

Eventually we head down to dinner, I eat nothing, I say I'm not hungry. I can't deal with food tonight. More than usual.

I head to bed when I am told to. I clamber into bed in some shorts and a vest top I borrowed from Viv. I lay awake, thinking about the day. I hope me and Viv become friends. I could do with one.

Thanks again to lexfromcatering for letting me use Viv!