4: Surtur

1 YEAR LATER...

_______________________________________

Manni was sent here by his father to battle his first elemental fire demon. However, he was overwhelmed and captured by hundreds of firey minions who knocked him out. He does not even remember how he got here, stuck in a cage with chains around him, with a friend whose a skeleton.

He is just laying there, awaiting for something to happen. He looks at his skeleton friend for a moment.

"How much longer do you think we'll be here?" A noise rang and the cage opened from below, dropping Manni hundreds of feet towards the ground, but stopped a few inches from the ground, thanks to him still being wrapped in chaines.

He is slowly rotating when chuckling is heard behind him.

"Manni, Son of Thor." Surtur said in a menacing tone, relaxing on his chair.

"Surtur, Son of.. a bitch, you're still alive. I thought my grandfather killed you like a half a million years ago." Manni spat out those words directly at Surtur.

"I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny and lay waste to your home." Surtur explained to Manni in a calm voice.

"Now that you mention it, I've been having these terrible dreams of late. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins. And you, Surtur, are at the center of all of them." Manni explains clearly to Surtur.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok, the fall of Asgard. The great prophecy. My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains and bury my sword deep in Asgard's..." Surtur continues until Manni decides to interrupt.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house?"

"A mountain!" Surtur corrects with a slight raised voice.

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?"

"Odin is not on Asgard. And you're absence has left the throne defenseless." Surtur explains.

"Okay, so where is this crown?" Manni asks.

Surtur points to the 'big eyebrow' looking thing on top of his head. "This is my crown, the source of my power."

"Oh, that's a crown. It looks more like a big eyebrow." Manni raises an eyebrow.

"It's a crown." Surtur declares coldly.

"Anyway, it sounds like all I have to do to stop Ragnarok is rip that thing off your head."

Surtur laughs as he gets up. "But Ragnarok has already begun. You cannot stop it."

Surtur walks closer to Manni, dragging his sword. Once Surtur is close enough, he grabs and lifts the chain to have Manni right at Surtur's face.

"I am Asgard's doom, and so are you. All will suffer, all will burn." Surtur says right into Nova's face."

"That's intense. To be honest, seeing you grow really big and set fire to a planet would be quite the spectacle. But it looks like I'm gonna have to choose options B where I bust out of these chains, knock that tiara off your head, and stash it away in Asgard's vault." Manni smiles to himself once he is finished speaking.

"You cannot stop Ragnarok. Why fight it?"

Manni opens his hand to call his Father's hammer, Mjolnir to assist him.

"Because that's what heros do."

As soon as Manni had said that, Mjolnir busts right through a wall, helping Thor bust out of the chains and now standing feet away from Surtur.

"You have made a grave mistake, Thorson." Surtur says to Manni.

"I make grave mistakes all the time." A dragon appears from the shadows as minions start charging at Manni.

"Eveything seems to work out." Manni starts hitting the minions with his photon blasts that he inherited from his mother and got an extra advantage with his father's hammer.

He starts swinging the hammer, getting rid of most of the minions. He throws Mjolnir as he continues to photon blast more. He calls the hammer back into his hand and hits a minion in the face with it.

Manni knows that this will go on forever, so he jumps into the air and as soon as he lands, a lightning detonation is released, killing most of the minions and pushing Surtur back a few inches.

Surtur aims his sword at Manni, blasting fire from it. Manni spins Mjolnir really fast, that it acts like a shield, blocking the fire blast. He's getting pushed back by the blast. So, he jumps right at Surtur and gets a few successful hits on him with Mjolnir. Surtur brings his sword down, but Manni leaps to a nearby column and jumps at Surtur with a fully electric charged Mjolnir, bringing Surtur down. Surtur falls to his knees and fades away into his crown.

Manni picks up the crown and wraps it in chains around his back, carrying it as some sort of bag. Manni notices the amount of minions around the area and decides to head back to Asgard.

"Heimdall, I know it's been a while, but I can really use a fast exit."

Manni lifts Mjolnir into the air, awaiting the Bifrost to come pick him up and take him to Asgard, but nothing happens.

"Heimdall?"