Chapter 7 - Opening Up

Elliot woke up the next day, around 11am. He looked around, Light was not on his bed and neither was Dark. He could hear the water running from inside the bathroom and supposed that one of them should be there. He seriously hoped it weren't both of them, that would be really awkward.

He sat up and stretched his arms a bit. He yawned and heard the bathroom door opening. Dark came out, he seemed like he had just showered since his hair was wet and his beard seemed recently shaved. He was only wearing his pants and socks, his hair was perfectly combed, even if it was wet, and as always he seemed to be in an awful mood.

-Morning. - Elliot greeted, only receiving a grunt as answer.

-Where the hell is my suitcase? - he grunted as he looked around.

-Why do you want it? - the younger man asked.

-I need a shirt, genius.

-Someone's in a bad mood, hm? - he said as he leaned over and dragged Dark's suitcase from under Light's bed while Dark had his back turned to him and got a shirt.

Light and Elliot had agreed that it was problably a good idea to hide Dark's suitcase (the same suitcase that had both: boose and lighters) so he wouldn't do anything stupid.

Elliot got no other answer than a brumble.

-Where is Light, by the way? - the youngest man asked as he pushed the suitcase back to under Light's bed.

-Went to get us breakfast.

Elliot hummed and sat on the other side of the bed to be closer to Dark.

-Here - the british man said as he handed Dark the shirt.

Dark decided to don't even ask where he had gotten the shirt and just took it. Elliot's eyes widened a bit when Dark reached his arm to him. He had never seen him shirtless, except for the time he caught him jerking off, but even then his shirt was just unzipped. This was the first time he was seeing Dark's naked arms. They were covered in freckles and some tattoos as he expected, but near his wrists there were some marks. Self-harm marks...

Dark noticed Elliot staring at it and just got his shirt quickly. He dressed it the faster he could and turned around.

-Dar-

-I'm fine - the eldest man interrupted - Just pretend you didn't see it. It's from a long time ago...

Elliot just stood silent for a bit. What was he supposed to say in a situation like this?

-If... If you want to talk about something I'm here to listen. - he finally whispered.

-What is there to say? I was your age, maybe a bit older, and I was stupid. It never worked and I don't do it anymore, so it shouldn't even matter. - he just said as he picked his phone up. - Just drop it. We need to start looking for that scientist guy, anyway.

-This is more important than that. - the youngest said as he walked over to Dark and pulled him to turn around. - When was the last time you did it? How much time ago? - he couldn't hide the worry on his voice.

Dark looked at him frowning a bit. He looked confused.

-What? - Elliot asked when he realized that the other man was confused.

-What do you mean "This is more important"? Don't you want to go home?

-Well... yea, but you're my friend, I want to know if you're ok.

Dark widened his eyes in surprise, he didn't looked confused anymore but he did look shocked. Elliot noticed that his cheeks were blushed.

-What's wrong? - Elliot asked, now confused too.