Chapter 12 - The End

Elliot woke up the next day with an annoying sound coming from somewhere. He grunted and took a while to realize that it was Dark's snore. His eyes opened slowly and, after getting adjusted to the light, he took a better look at the man in front of him. He was asleep, not peacefully since he sounded like a bloody truck and was almost drooling, but other than that he was pretty cute. Elliot smiled slightly and stroked Dark's thick hair slowly. He was feeling... weird. He wanted to trust Dark so bad, he was really hoping that he wouldn't do anything like what had happened the day before, he wanted to believe he wouldn't.

Then he took a better look at the other bed, the one Light was laying on. Now he really did look peacefull, no snorring nor drooling, it was just like a little puppy asleep. It seemed like an obvious choice, Light was the calm, romantic, soft guy who would do anything for Elliot but... it wasn't that obvious for him. Yes, Light was still all of those things but Dark wasn't a heartless monster. He was just a misunderstood guy who received a label since the moment he was born. He didn't have a chance of choosing who he was, he was forced to act like this. It wasn't "his nature". If it was "his nature" then why would he protect Elliot and Light all the time? Or why would he tell Elliot he loved him?

Elliot blushed when he remembered that. He couldn't believe Dark had said that. Did he mean it? Elliot hoped he did.

He sat up and just now noticed the little piece of paper he had on his hands. It was the paper with the little song that Dark had wrote to apologize to him. Elliot stroked it with the tip of his fingers very carefully, almost as if he was afraid it would break. He sighed, he knew that he had to make a choice. The machine would be ready in, like, a week and a half. He really needed to talk to them soon.

--

Elliot had just showered, he came out of the bathroom still drying his hair with the towel when he noticed both Adam's sitting and awake. He shook his head a bit like a dog does when it's wet, making both Adam chuckle.

-Morning, puppy. - Dark greeted.

-Morning. - so did Light.

Elliot finally got his hair off of his face and looked at them both. They both had the silliest smiles Elliot had ever seen, and they both looked insanely sexy for someone who had just woken up. For a moment Elliot really wished he could have both of them.

-Morning. - he answered as he jumped on his bed, the one that was in between.

-Gotta meet the crazy scientists today? - the goth man asked.

-Yea, soon. - Elliot answered - But we have to talk first... all of us...

Both Adam's looked at him.

-I think we all know what I want to talk about... - Elliot said.

Light sighed and sat at the edge of the bed.

-Yea... we do know.

Dark sat at the edge of his bed too.

-So... which one of us will it be, hm? - Dark questioned.

-First I... I have to ask... Even if I choose one of you, how would that work? Would you come with me?

There was a brief moment of silence between all of them.

-I would... - Dark whispered.

-I... I would too... - Light also whispered.

Elliot looked at both of them. They were both willing to leave their lives behind just to come with Elliot to another universe. Elliot couldn't choose this. He hadn't gave it enough thought yet.