𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 (𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡)

(Betty and Jughead are 21 and they live together)

Betty's pov:

It was a day just like the others. It was 7:00pm, I was sitting on my couch, reading a book and I was waiting for Jughead to come home, like every days.
As I said, it was a day just like the others. I had to announce something to Jughead. This morning, I learned that I was pregnant. This baby wasn't planned at all, but after all, as we say, nature does things well. So I guess, things happen for something.

Then Jughead came home, and I lifted up my head.

Jughead- Hey babe! How are you?

Betty- Hey. I'm okay. And you?

Jughead- I'm fine! How was your day? *close the door and take off my shoes and jacket*

Betty- Uhm... I have something to tell you... *get up*

Jughead- What's wrong?

Betty- I Uh... I'm... pregnant...

Jughead- You w-what?...

I looked down and said nothing. I knew that he had heard very well what I had just said to him. And also I knew he wasn't too happy with the news...

Jughead- You're serious?...

Betty- Yes...

Jughead- I hope you know that you won't keep it

Betty- W-what?...

Jughead- Because you really thought I was going to be happy?! I don't want a child! You'll have an abortion!

Betty- But Jug I-

Jughead- Shut up! You have an abortion or we are over!

Betty- *take a deep breath* All right. Then we're over.

Jughead- What?!

Betty- We are not together anymore. I'm not going to have an abortion just because you don't want this baby! You don't want to assume your paternity?! All right! But you don't have the right to tell me what to do with MY body and MY baby!

I pushed him and went up to my room. He followed me.

Jughead- What are you doing?!

Betty- I'm leaving! We're done!

He grabbed my arms and pressed it very hard. I turned around and slapped him, which made him let me go.

Betty- I never want to see you again, Jughead! Never! Fuck you!

I went downstairs and leaved.

Nine months later:

Here we are nine months later. In nine months, a lot of things happened.

I first moved into a small appartement. I found a job as a saleswoman in a clothing store so I could get enough money to make a beautiful little room for my baby. I wanted her to have the most beautiful room ever. Oh. Did I just said "her"? Well, yes!

My little Harper pointed out her pretty little nose a few hours ago. She is so beautiful. She has Jughead's lips and eyes. But for everything else, she looks just like me.

What hurts me when I look at her is her eyes. When I look into her eyes, I see Jughead.
I haven't heard from him for a while, since I left home. He didn't try to send me a message or even find out if the baby was okay. He didn't really care.

I was gently rocking Harper in my arms when someone knocked at the door of my hospital room. I thought it was supposed to be a midwife.

Betty- Come in

The person came in and I saw that it wasn't a midwife. It was Jughead.

Betty- Jug...?

Jughead- Hey... Am I bothering you...?

Betty- No... What are you doing here?...

Jughead- Veronica called me... She told me you had just given birth, so... I came...

Betty- Oh...

Jughead- Is it... her?...

Betty- Yes...

Jughead- Can I see her?...

Betty- Yeah... come here...

He came to me and leaned slightly to look at Harper. He smiled.

Jughead- She's cute...

I didn't understand what was going on. He made it clear to me that he didn't want a child. And the he was looking at his daughter and saying she was cute.

Betty- Why? Why are you here? Why are you saying she's cute? Why are you smiling? Just... why?!

Jughead- *sigh* Listen Betty... I... I'm sorry... for everything I said to you... when you told me you were pregnant... I'm sorry for reacting like that... I was just... not ready for that... But I want to be there for you... and the baby... I've been thinking a lot for the last few months... and I've realized it was bad... to be away from you... and her... I can't live without you... I love you, Betty...

I say nothing and think for a few minutes.

Betty- Okay... I forgive you... but I do it only because I know that deep down... you can be a wonderful father... and because... I can't live without you ether... I love you too, Jughead...

He smiled and I did too. Then he put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. Of course, I kissed him back. I missed his lips so much. I was so happy to see him again. I'm sure Jughead will the best father ever for Harper.